|Shweta Basu Prasad|
|Born||Shweta Basu Prasad
January 11, 1991
Jamshedpur, Bihar, India
(Now in Jharkhand)
Shweta Basu Prasad is an Indian film actress. She started her career as a child actress in Hindi films and Television series and went on to play lead roles in Bengali,Telugu and Tamil cinema. For her performance in the 2002 film Makdee, she won the National Film Award for Best Child Artist.
Prasad was born in Jamshedpur, Bihar (now in Jharkhand) and moved to Mumbai when she was a child. Her mother Sarmishta is from West Bengal, her father Anuj is from Bihar. She studied commerce in the R. N. Podar High School, Santa-Cruz, Mumbai. She added her mother's maiden name Basu to her screen name.
In 2002, Prasad started her acting career as a child actress at the age of 11. She enacted dual roles as Chunni and Munni in the film Makdee, directed by Vishal Bhardwaj and got the National Film Award for Best Child Artist for the same. As a child artist, she also acted in the Star Plus series Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki as Shruti, Parvati and Oms daughter, and in soap operas like Karishma Kaa Karishma.
In 2005, she starred in the film Iqbal, which propelled her to mini stardom and got subsequent film offers. Her performance as Khadija in the film, fetched her several accolades including the Best Supporting Actress Award at the 5th Karachi International Film Festival. The following year, she acted in Ram Gopal Varma's Darna Zaroori Hai as Ashu. In 2008, she debuted in Telugu cinema and played her first starring role in the film Kotha Bangaru Lokam, co-starring Varun Sandesh. The film became a large commercial success.
|Hindi||Winner, National Film Award for Best Child Artist
Winner, Star Screen Award for Best Child Artist
|2005||Iqbal||Khadija||Hindi||Winner, Star Screen Award for Best Supporting Actress
Winner, Zee Cine Award – Critics' Choice Best Actress
Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress
Nominated, IIFA Award for Best Supporting Actress
|2005||Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi||Shweta||Hindi|
|2006||Darna Zaroori Hai||Ashu||Hindi|
|2008||Kotha Bangaru Lokam||Swapna Vishwanath||Telugu||Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu|
|2009||Ek Nadir Galpo (Tale of A River)||Anjana||Bengali||Mithun Chakraborty|
|Kutumb season 1|
|Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii||Shruti||Hindi|
|Karishma Kaa Karishma||Sweety||Hindi|
|The Magic Make-Up Box||Maya||Hindi|
- "Interview with Shweta Basu Prasad". www.idlebrain.com. Retrieved 2008-10-30.
- "Reel Magic". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 2003-11-20.
- Shweta Prasad's name games. Hindustan Times (2007-11-26). Retrieved on 2012-06-21.
- PIB Press Releases. Pib.nic.in (2003-07-26). Retrieved on 2012-06-21.
- 5th KaraFilm Festival – Karachi International Film Festival 2005. Karafilmfest.com. Retrieved on 2012-06-21.
- startv.com/uk. Uk.startv.com. Retrieved on 2012-06-21.
- IIFA 2006 in Dubai. Entertainment.oneindia.in (2006-06-02). Retrieved on 2012-06-21.
- Indian television dot com's Interview with child artiste Shweta Prasad. Indiantelevision.com (2002-12-17). Retrieved on 2012-06-21.
- Shweta Prasad at the Internet Movie Database
- Swetha Basu Prasad
- Swetha Basu Prasad Roots Documentary