Shyampur II (community development block)
|— Community development block —|
|• Total||38.71 sq mi (100.25 km2)|
|• Density||4,420/sq mi (1,706/km2)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5.30)|
|Literacy Rate||75.43 per cent|
Shyampur II (community development block) (Bengali: শ্যামপুর II সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক) is an administrative division in Uluberia subdivision of Howrah district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Shyampur police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Sasati.
Bargram, a constituent panchayat of Shyampur II block, is located at.
As per 2001 census, Shyampur II block had a total population of 171,047, out of which 86,943 were males and84,104 were females. Shyampur II block registered a population growth of 11.57 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for Howrah district was 12.76 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
As per 2001 census, Shyampur II block had a total literacy of 75.43 per cent for the 6+ age group. While male literacy was 84.25 per cent female literacy was 66.32 per cent. Howrah district had a total literacy of 77.01 per cent, male literacy being 83.22 per cent and female literacy being 70.11 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Howrah district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, Howrah District (16)". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "Village Panchayat Names of Howrah,West Bengal". Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "TRU for all Districts (SC & ST and Total)". Census 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 5, Howrah District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.