Shyampur I (community development block)
|Community development block|
|Assembly constituency||Shyampur, Uluberia Dakshin|
|• Total||43.98 sq mi (113.92 km2)|
|• Density||4,150/sq mi (1,601/km2)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5.30)|
|Literacy Rate||72.65 per cent|
Shyampur I (Bengali: শ্যামপুর I সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক) is an administrative division in Uluberia subdivision of Howrah district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Shyampur police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Shyampur.
Radhapur, a constituent panchayat of Shyampur I block, is located at.
As per 2001 census, Shyampur I block had a total population of 182,333, out of which 92,921 were males and 89,412 were females. Shyampur I block registered a population growth of 14.93 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for Howrah district was 12.76 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
As per 2001 census, Shyampur I block had a total literacy of 72.65 per cent for the 6+ age group. While male literacy was 81.18 per cent female literacy was 63.79 per cent. Howrah district had a total literacy of 77.01 per cent, male literacy being 83.22 per cent and female literacy being 70.11 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Howrah district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, Howrah District (16)". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "Village Panchayat Names of Howrah,West Bengal". Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "TRU for all Districts (SC & ST and Total)". Census 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 5, Howrah District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "Adjacent Area Dialling Schemes". BSNL. Retrieved 2009-01-29.