Si*Sé is a downtempo and electronic group from New York City. The main members of the band are Carol C (vocals, DJ) and Cliff Cristofaro (producer). Other members of the band include Ryan Farley (drums), Neil Ochoa (percussion) and Morgan Phillips (Bass). Jeannie Oliver was the viola player during the first two albums, but left the band in 2005. Olivia Martinez (viola) and Tarrah Reynolds (violin) have also played in place of Jeannie over the years. In 2001 they toured worldwide with Talking Head's David Byrne. They have also performed with Norah Jones, Kinky, Kraftwerk, Los Amigos Invisibles, Cody Chestnut & The Roots, Gotan Project, James Brown, Julieta Venegas, Cesaria Evora and Natacha Atlas.
In popular culture
Their song "Steppin' Out" was featured in Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer.
They composed "Si*Sé Melange", the music for designer Jillian Lewis for the season finale of Project Runway Season 4.
Lead singer Carol C's song "Cleopatra in New York" was featured in an episode of Sex in the City.
Si*Sé was featured and performed their song "Amiga" live in an episode of VH1's Love Monkey.
- "Tributo a The Cure: Porque No Puedo Ser Tu" (1999, Warner) - "Just Like Heaven"
- Putumayo Presents: Sahara Lounge (2004, [Putumayo Putumayo Music) - "Cleopatra in New York"
- Hotel Costes (2007, Wagram) - "Cleopatra in New York"
- Soul Sessions (2002, [Giantstep Giant Step) - "Mariposa"
- Man Ray (2004, Milan) - "Mariposa"
- Putumayo Presents: Latin Lounge (2005, [Putumayo Putumayo Music) - "Mariposa en Havana"
- Hear Music: Songs of the Siren (2008, Hear Music) - "Sometimes"