Si No Te Hubiera Conocido
|"Si No Te Hubiera Conocido"|
|Song by Christina Aguilera and Luis Fonsi from the album Mi Reflejo|
|Mi Reflejo track listing|
"Si No Te Hubiera Conocido" (English: "If I Hadn't Known You") is a song by American recording artist Christina Aguilera and Puerto Rican singer Luis Fonsi. It was written and produced by Rudy Pérez for Aguilera's second studio album Mi Reflejo (2000). The song portrays two lovers who remember each other and cannot imagine their lives if they had not known each other. "Si No Te Hubiera Conocido" received mixed reviews from music critics for its ballad production. The song peaked at number 36 on the Billboard Hot Latin Songs chart in the United States.
"Si No Te Hubiera Cononcido" is a ballad performed by Christina Aguilera and features Luis Fonsi as a guest artist.
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
According to her manager Steve Kurtz, Aguilera expressed interest in recording a Spanish-language album before she recorded her debut studio album Christina Aguilera. Producer Rudy Pérez was approached during the recording sessions of the album and produced a number of tracks, including "Si No Te Hubiera Conocido", which he wrote.
"Si No Te Hubiera Conocido" is a Latin ballad featuring Puerto Rican singer Luis Fonsi. Aguilera wanted Fonsi to perform a duet with her because she felt that she could relate to him as they "grew up listening to the same things". The ballad tells the story of two happy lovers that cannot envision their lives if they had not met each other.
On the review of album, an editor for Billboard magazine wrote that "listener will enjoy while listening to" the song. David Browne, writing for Entertainment Weekly provided an ironic review, commenting that Fonsi has "a nice voice, but he didn't get in [her] way." Orlando Sentinel editor Perry Gettelman was not impressed along with "El Beso del Final" and "Pero Me Acuerdo de Ti", writing that "She seems equally fond of acrobatic trills and low, sex-kittenish moans" which Parry referred to them as "ballands". Kurt B. Reighley Wall of Sound called "Si No Te Hubiera Conocido" a "sweet, syrupy duet" and stated that it "starts out charming enough but eventually devolves into the International Shouting Contest." In the United States, "Si No Te Hubiera Conoci" peaked at number 36 on the Billboard Hot Latin Songs and 22 on the Latin Pop Songs charts.
|US Hot Latin Songs (Billboard)||36|
|US Latin Pop Songs (Billboard)||22|
- Cobo, Leila (August 12, 2000). "Aguilera Makes Spanish Debut On BMG U.S. Latin". Billboard (Prometheus Global Media) 112 (33): 85. Retrieved April 28, 2013.
- vanHorn, Teri (August 16, 2000). "Christina Aguilera Delves Into Latin Roots On Spanish LP". MTV News. Viacom. Retrieved April 30, 2013.
- Mi Reflejo (liner notes). RCA Records. 2000.
- "Christina Aguilera - Si No Te Hubiera Conocido Lyrics". MetroLyrics. CBS Interactive. Retrieved May 11, 2013.
- "Reviews & Previews". Billboard (Prometheus Global Media) 112 (38): 27. September 16, 2000. Retrieved April 30, 2013.
- Browne, David (September 15, 2000). "Music Review: 'Mi Reflejo'". Entertainment Weekly. Time Warner. Retrieved October 21, 2013.
- Gettelman, Parry (September 15, 2000). "Aguilera Must Not Know Spanish Word For Subtlety". Orlando Sentinel. Tribune Company. Retrieved November 28, 2013.
- Reighley, Kurt. "Wall of Sound Review: Mi Reflejo". Go.com. Walt Disney Internet Group. Archived from the original on October 17, 2000. Retrieved November 28, 2013.
- "Christina Aguilera Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Latin Songs for Christina Aguilera.
- "Christina Aguilera Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Latin Pop Songs for Christina Aguilera.