Sialkot International Airport
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (May 2014)|
|Sialkot International Airport
سیالکوٹ بین الاقوامی ہوائی اڈا
|Operator||Sialkot International Airport Limited|
|Elevation AMSL||837 ft / 255 m|
Sialkot International Airport (IATA: SKT, ICAO: OPST) (colloquially known as Sialkot Airport) is situated 14 km (8.7 mi) west of Sialkot in the Sialkot District of Pakistan. It has the distinctions of being the first privately owned public airport in Pakistan and South Asia and, pending the completion of the new green field Islamabad International Airport, of having the longest runway in Pakistan.
Approximately 1,000,000 travellers from Sialkot and adjacent areas are expected to benefit from this international airport each year.
Recently[when?] it has been confirmed that the airport will be developed further; the apron will be extended to accommodate 12 aircraft and jet bridges will be installed, for which construction is already underway.
Sialkot is a major export hub of Pakistan. The airport is being upgraded to make it compatible to carry the load of ten Boeing 747s or A340s. The airport authority is currently working with a private company to develop the airport to meet international standards. The airport has developed a brand new runway so heavier aircraft can land there. There is a new terminal currently being built to deal with increase in passengers as well as cargo imports and exports.
- Fuel farm
- Aircraft ground maintenance services
- Other related services through concessions to private parties.
- 3,600-metre long, 45-metre wide with 7.5-metre wide shoulders on either side corresponding to International Civil Aviation Organisation Category 4E.
- Link Taxiway;
- 263-metre long, 23-metre wide with 10.5-metre shoulders.
- For passenger and cargo, 95,000-sq metre area. Combination of flexible and rigid pavements.
- Nose-in parking for 10 wide-bodied aircraft at a time or 8 Airbus plus 4 ATR-42 aircraft at a time.
Airlines and destinations
|Pakistan International Airlines||Dammam, Islamabad, Jeddah, Karachi, Kuwait, Muscat, Peshawar, Riyadh|
|Shaheen Air||Jeddah, Muscat, Sharjah|
|Qatar Airways Cargo||Doha|
Travellers by car from Sialkot reach the airport by travelling west on the Sialkot-Wazirabad Duel Carriageway, turning right at Sambrial to Airport Road and then go straight for 5 km to reach the airport. From Gujranwala, take Sialkot Road, up to Daska and then go to the Sambrial Road. After reaching Sambrial turn right and go straight on the Sialkot-Wazirabad Duel Carriageway. After crossing the Sialkot Dry Port turn left on the Airport road. People coming from Gujranwala can also reach the airport through Wazirabad by using the Sialkot-Wazirabad Duel Carriageway
The airport can be reached from Sialkot up to Sambrial by bus. After that, one has to take a taxi. There is an air-conditioned CNG bus service from the airport to Sialkot, Wazirabad, Daska, and Gujranwala.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sialkot International Airport.|
- Official Website of Sialkot International Airport Limited
- Accident history for SKT at Aviation Safety Network
- Sialkot International Airport, Sialkot, Pakistan – Airport-technology.com, Accessed 2008-02-06