17 January 1987 |
Bolton, United Kingdom
|Genres||Pop, R&B, Dance|
|Years active||2007 – present|
In 2007, Charlesworth took part in the auditions with the producers Kim Glover and Samantha Forrest to become a member of a new girl group. Charlesworth was chosen to become a member of the "City Girls" (initially called "Stiletto"). The group was formed by Charlesworth and other three girls: Sheena Rowe, Sophie Leniston and Rebecca Doran. City Girls released their first single "O.M.G." in August 2008. The single was written by Darren Monson, Jay Raser and Sheena Rowe, and was produced by Pete Hammond and Jay Raser. The single reached number 3 in the UK Music Week Pop/Club Charts and reached #40 in the Bulgarian chart. The group started a promotional tour including a number of performances, appearances on television, radio and newspapers. The song was used as the soundtrack of the video game, Imagine Girl Band. In the beginning of 2009, Charlesworth and Doran left the group and were replaced by Claudia Evans.
In 2009, Charlesworth was also a member of a vocal group called "BVG". They did a number of gigs but they did not release recording material.
In 2010, she became a member of the new British girl group Parade, featuring Jessica Agombar, Emily Biggs, Bianca Claxton and Lauren Deegan. Their debut single "Louder" was released on 13 March 2011, which consequently entered in the UK Singles Chart at number 10, and in the Irish Singles Chart at number 41. Parade supported Shakira on the English dates for her 2010 The Sun Comes Out World tour. They also supported Alexandra Burke on her All Night Long 2011 tour, and Shayne Ward on his 2011 Up Close and Personal tour. Their second single "Perfume" was released on 19 June 2011.
- Shale, Samantha (2007-07-13). "Young singer dreams of stardom". Lancashire Telegraph (Blackburn). Retrieved 2011-07-04.
- "Omg: City Girls: Amazon.co.uk: Music". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- "New Nintendo Girl Band Game_Feat City Girls OMG". YouTube. 2008-08-11. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- UK. "BVG | Gratis muziek, tourneedata, foto's, video's". Myspace.com. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- "Say hello to cool new girlband PARADE". Sugarscape. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- "Parade - Louder". Chart Stats. Retrieved 2011-12-31.