|Live album and Studio album by Sid Vicious|
|Released||December 15, 1979|
|Recorded||September 28–29, 1978|
|Sid Vicious chronology|
The album features the two singles "My Way" and "Something Else". These songs also appeared in the film and album The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle along with "C'mon Everybody", which did not appear on this album.
The album is thin on liner notes; there are no musicians' credits or recording info, and the production credit goes to "The Engineer," John "Boogie" Tiberi.
The version of the Johnny Thunders song "Born to Lose" on this album reportedly comes from a Sex Pistols concert at Huddersfield, on 25 December 1977. During the children's matinee performed during the day, lead singer Johnny Rotten stepped off stage to act as Father Christmas, while the remaining trio played a set, including among other songs "Born to Lose" and "Chinese Rocks".
Despite having an audio fidelity not much better than the rest of the album, "My Way" comes from a studio session in Paris with French session musicians. The remixed version that was released as a single and on The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle features a different vocal take, an overdubbed guitar solo from Steve Jones and strings, arranged by Simon Jeffes. But on the video version of the song it features Vicious' vocals on Sid Sings but an instrumental version from The Great Rock and Roll Swindle. There is also another demo version available from the album Too Fast To Live, which is entitled "My Way (Take 3)".
The album was not designed by Jamie Reid, the Sex Pistols' art designer, but he created the guitar swastika that appeared on the labels of the original UK pressings (though the German pressing had a blank spot instead due to the swastika's illegality in that country).
All tracks are live, with the exception of "My Way".
- "Born To Lose" (Johnny Thunders)
- "I Wanna Be Your Dog" (The Stooges)
- "Take A Chance On Me" (The Heartbreakers)
- "(I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone" (Tommy Boyce/Bobby Hart)
- "My Way" (Paul Anka/Claude François/Jacques Revaux) (alternate version without strings)
- "Belsen Was a Gas" (Sid Vicious/Sex Pistols)
- "Something Else" (Sharon Sheeley, Bob Cochran)
- "Chatterbox" (Johnny Thunders)
- "Search And Destroy" (Iggy Pop, James Williamson)
- "Chinese Rocks" (Dee Dee Ramone/Richard Hell)
- "My Way (I Killed The Cat)" (shorter live version Of "My Way")
Tracks 2, 3, 10, 11 - 1st set, Max's Kansas City, New York, September 29th;
Tracks 4, 6, 8, 9 - 1st set, Max's Kansas City, New York, September 28th;
Track 7 - 1st set, Max's Kansas City, New York, September 30th.
There are talking bits edited in from both the 28th & 29th sets, including quite a few from the second set of the 28th, although no music is included from that set. This helps at least make sense out of the fact that the LP's inner sleeve shows a copy of Boogie's notes from the second set of the 28th used during compiling the LP.
- Sid Vicious - vocals, bass (track 1)
- Paul Cook - drums (track 1)
- Steve Jones - guitar and backing vocals (track 1)
- Arthur Kane - bass
- Steve Dior - guitar
- Jerry Nolan - drums
- Claude Engel - guitar (track 5)
- Sauveur Mallia - bass (track 5)
- Pierre-Alain Dahan - drums (track 5)