Side by Side (2012 film)
|Side by Side|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Christopher Kenneally|
|Produced by||Keanu Reeves
|Music by||Brendan Ryan
|Editing by||Mike Long
|Distributed by||Tribeca Film|
|Running time||98 minutes|
Side by Side is a 2012 American documentary film directed by Christopher Kenneally. It was produced by Justin Szlasa and Keanu Reeves. It premiered at the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival and it was shown at the Tribeca Film Festival.
The documentary investigates the history, process and workflow of both digital and photochemical film creation. It shows what artists and filmmakers have been able to accomplish with both film and digital and how their needs and innovations have helped push filmmaking in new directions. Interviews with directors, cinematographers, colorists, scientists, engineers and artists reveal their experiences and feelings about working with film and digital — where we are now, how we got here and what the future may bring.
- Keanu Reeves, actor
- John Malkovich, actor
- Danny Boyle, director
- George Lucas, director, producer
- James Cameron, director
- David Fincher, director
- David Lynch, director
- Robert Rodriguez, director
- Martin Scorsese, director
- Steven Soderbergh, director
- The Wachowskis, directors
- Christopher Nolan, director
- Joel Schumacher, director
- Lena Dunham, director, actress
- Greta Gerwig, actress
- Caroline Kaplan, producer
- Lorenzo di Bonaventura, producer
- John Knoll, visual effects supervisor at Industrial Light & Magic
- Tim Webber
- Dennis Muren, special effects artist
- Bradford Young
- Craig Wood
- Derek Ambrosi, film editor
- Dion Beebe, A.C.S.
- Jost Vacano, A.C.S.
- "Production Notes". Side by Side the Movie. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- "Side by Side (2012)". Box Office Mojo. IMDb. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- Mekado Murphy. "Tribeca: Film vs. Digital in 'Side by Side'". The New York Times. April 26, 2012. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- "Review: 'Side by Side' traces digital revolution". The Los Angeles Times. August 16, 2012. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- Rothe, E. Nina. "Side by Side: When Keanu Talks Film and Cameras, You Should Listen". Huffington Post. August 15, 2012. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- Official website
- Side by Side at the Internet Movie Database
- Side by Side at Rotten Tomatoes
- Side by Side at Metacritic
|This article about a documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|