|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Sidhbari derives its name from a sage, Baba Sidh. It is believed by the locals that the dhuni (burning piece of wood) here has been burning for centuries and has never been extinguished even once. Hence the vibhuti (ash) is said to have the sacred blessings of the Sidh Baba.
Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha is also situated here.
The small town of Sidhbari is bustling with activity due to several local attractions.
- Very near to the village is Chinmaya Ashram or Sandeepany Himalayas. In this Ashram is the Samadhi (resting place) of Pujya Gurudev Swami Chinmayananda, founder of Chinmaya Mission.
- Sidhbari is also the temporary residence of the Karmapa (Ogyen Trinley Dorje), at Gyuto Monastery. Sidhbari is about six kilometers from Dharamshala, and about 15 kilometers from McLeodGanj, where the 14th Dalai Lama lives.
- One attraction for tourists in Sidhbari is the Naam Art Gallery, exhibiting paintings by European artists Elsbeth Buschmann and Alfred W. Hallett.
- Another attraction is the earthen architectural works of Didi Contractor, including several homes made of adobe and bamboo.
- Vidhan Sabha : The winter session of assembly meetings happen here in Sidhbari.
- The hamlets of Rakkar and Sokni Da Kot in Upper Sidhbari is inhabited by the Gaddi community and offers visitors authentic homestay options in traditional mud houses.
- The Manuni Nallah flows through Sidhbari and is revered as a holy stream with various temples along the riverbank. The Aganjar Mahadev Temple at Khaniyara is the most famous and is located at Khaniyara, 2 km from Sidhbari.
- Chinmaya Mission Delhi
- www.mcllo.com An Informative,Travel and Community website of McLeodGanj,Dharamshala and Kangra Valley -look for Sidhbari Informations
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Sidhbari.|
|This Himachal Pradesh location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|