Sidi Haneish Airfield
|Sidi Haneish Airfield
|Part of Ninth Air Force|
|Controlled by||United States Army Air Forces|
It was used by the United States Army Air Force Ninth Air Force during the Eastern Desert Campaign by the British Eighth Army, which the 57th Fighter Group, flew P-40 Warhawks from on 8–12 November 1942.
Close examination of aerial photography of the hard desert shows some evidence of disturbance which could indicate where it existed.
- The LG-12 (Landing Ground) North site is given as- ,
- The LG-13 South is given as-
- The LG-101 is given as-
- The LG-102 is given as-
- List of World War II North Africa Airfields
- David Stirling
- Special Air Service
- No. 450 Squadron RAAF
- No. 601 Squadron RAF
- Second Battle of El Alamein
- 559th Flying Training Squadron
- Maurer, Maurer. Air Force Combat Units of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History, 1983. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.
- Maurer, Maurer, ed. (1982) . Combat Squadrons of the Air Force, World War II (reprint ed.). Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-405-12194-6. LCCN 70605402. OCLC 72556.
- RAF Squadrons by C. G. Jefford. ISBN 1-84037-141-2 (page 133 airfield locations)
- lists several airfields in the area. http://books.google.com/books?id=CCbkpfKkhWsC&pg=PA53&dq=RAF+landing+ground+13+sidi+haneish&hl=en&ei=tcW1Tb_SCo7PiAL1ytSvBg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CDIQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=RAF%20landing%20ground%2013%20sidi%20haneish&f=false
|This article about an airport in Egypt is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|