Siem Reap International Airport
|Siem Reap-Angkor International Airport
Aéroport International de Siem Reab
|Logo of Siem Reap Airport Authority|
|Siem Reap International Airport|
|IATA: REP – ICAO: VDSR
|Serves||Siem Reab, Cambodia|
|Hub for||Cambodia Angkor Air
Sky Wings Asia Airlines
|Elevation AMSL||60 ft / 18 m|
|Airfreight movements in tonnes||469|
Siem Reap International Airport (IATA: REP, ICAO: VDSR) (Khmer: អាកាសយានដ្ឋានអន្តរជាតិសៀមរាបអង្គរ French: Aéroport International de Siem Reap) is Cambodia's busiest airport serving Siem Reap, a popular tourist destination due to nearby Angkor Wat. It is the busiest airport in Cambodia in terms of passenger traffic. The airport's new terminal was inaugurated on August 28, 2006.
The Cambodian government has plans to replace the airport with a new one, 60 km from Siem Reap.
As of 2008, extensions to the airport's apron and parking areas are taking place. Air Traffic Control is provided by CATS (Cambodia Air Traffic Services), with full approach and aerodrome VHF facilities being housed in the control tower, between the fire station and the domestic terminal. Area control is still provided from CATS Centre in Phnom Penh (Pochentong) VHF frequencies used at Siem Reab are: Tower: 118.000 MHz (AM) Approach: 124.300 MHz (AM) ACC (FIR): 127.500 MHz (AM) Ground (apron): 121.750 MHz (AM) ATIS (WX): 129.950 MHz (AM) Tower – fire 3A: 143.750 MHz (FM) CATS are also responsible for clearing takeoffs and landings of tourist helicopters from the "Big Balloon" site, 3 km away, near Angkor Wat. Both Helicopters Cambodia and Sokha Helicopters operate from the airport, with Sokha mainly operating from the Big Yellow Balloon site. The airport itself is located some 6 km outside Siem Reap, just off National Route 6 north. Runway alignments are 23 & 05, with only 23 being used for takeoff, due to flight restrictions over Angkor temple.
- Length: 2,550 m
- Width: 45 m, with shoulders 2.5 m. wide each
- Perpendicular taxiway: 1 (length: 240 metres, width: 20 metres and 10 metres of shoulders). Under construction: 1 (length: 600 metres, width: 25 metres and 15 metres of shoulders)
- Number of stands: 10
- Navigation aids and visual aids:
Airlines and destinations
Passengers and aircraft movements as of 2010:
- "Cambodia Airports Traffic Data".
- "Cambodia eyes new airport for Siem Reab". Retrieved 2010-09-22.
- Airport information for VDSR from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Siem Reap-Angkor International Airport.|
- Siem Reap International Airport at Cambodia International Airports website
- Current weather for VDSR at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for REP at Aviation Safety Network