||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (November 2014)|
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (November 2014)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2007)|
|Headquarters||Newark, California, USA|
Raju Reddy (Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer)
|Products||Application NetworksTM (Sierra Atlantic's proprietary suite of integration products for Enterprise Applications)|
|Services||Information Technology Enterprise Application Services & Outsourced Product Development|
Sierra Atlantic, Inc. is an IT services company operating in the offshoring enterprise applications and outsourced product development space.
With operations spread across 20 countries, Sierra Atlantic is headquartered in Newark, California, an adjacent city to Fremont, California, and has offshore development centers in Hyderabad, India, and Guangzhou, China.
Across its global offices and development centers, Sierra Atlantic employs over 2000 employees as on October 24, 2008.
In December 2007, the company was named one of the top 20 Best Places to work in India.[by whom?] In 2008, it was named among the top 25 Best Places to work in India. In February 2008, it started its new 3000+ capacity Global Development Center in Hyderabad.
On Jan. 4, 2011 - Hitachi Consulting announced it has acquired Sierra Atlantic, a leader in offshore enterprise applications and outsourced product development with approximately 2500 employees in India, China and the US.
- 1993: Founded by Raju Reddy, Sarath Sura and Yeshwanth Reddy
- 1994: Initiated business alliances with Oracle and Microsoft
- 1995: Became Oracle’s go-to partner for integration
- 1996: Acquired over 100 migration customers
- 1997: Re-engineered Oracle Global Enterprise Manufacturing Management System
(GEMMS) to Oracle Process Manufacturing (OPM)r11 10.7
- 1998: Launched proprietary suite of products called Application NetworksTM
- 1999: Max Hopper, Kanwal Rekhi, Raman Khanna, Hatim Tyabji and John Drew joined the Sierra Atlantic advisory board; Set up operations in the Asia Pacific region.
- 2000: Moved corporate headquarters from Milpitas, California to Newark; Deployed flagship product, SCMNet (part of Application NetworksTM) at 30 leading high technology companies.
- 2001: "Executed R&D projects for Agile and became one of its leading implementation and integration partners with over 250 successfully completed Agile projects".
- 2002 Received the "Oracle award for outstanding contribution to the Oracle E-Business Suite in the Asia Pacific region".
- 2003: Expanded operations into Europe (with headquarters in London) and the "Middle East". (Dubai); Partnered with Siebel for the "Universal Application Networks (UAN) development project". and PeopleSoft for the "Process Integration Packs". (PIPs) development project.
- 2004: Assessed as "CMM Level 5". Chennai, India: Hindu.com. 2002. by SEI; Named "Partner of the Year". by Oracle for Asia Pacific operations
- 2005: "Acquired Sceptre Database Consultants". January 31, 2005., a high-end IBM Mainframe and Remote DBA Services company based in Boston. It is specialized in selling mainframe outsourcing and consulting services; Established office facilities in Toronto and Paris
- 2006: "Acquires UK Based Iterion"., a company focusing on PeopleSoft ; Certified as BS 7799 compliant by BSI; Ranked in the DQ-IDC Best Employers Survey 2006.
- 2007: "Acquired ArrAy Inc"., a Boston based Product Development company with an offshore development center in China; Listed in the "Top 25 Great Places to Work". survey 2007, published in BusinessWorld;
- 2010: "Acquires Baytree Associates"., North Carolina-based full-service consulting firm and Oracle solutions provider.
- 2011:"Hitachi Consulting acquires Sierra Atlantic.". The Times Of India. January 5, 2011. Hitachi consulting buys out Sierra Atlantic in an All-Cash deal.