Sierra Blanca Regional Airport
|Sierra Blanca Regional Airport|
|IATA: RUI – ICAO: KSRR – FAA LID: SRR|
|Owner||Village of Ruidoso|
|Serves||Ruidoso, New Mexico|
|Elevation AMSL||6,814 ft / 2,077 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Sierra Blanca Regional Airport (IATA: RUI, ICAO: KSRR, FAA LID: SRR) is a public use airport located 15 nautical miles (28 km) northeast of the central business district of Ruidoso, a village in Lincoln County, New Mexico, United States. It is owned by the Village of Ruidoso. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, it is classified as a general aviation airport.
New Mexico Airlines used to serve the Sierra Blanca Regional Airport but no longer does so.
Facilities and aircraft
Sierra Blanca Regional Airport covers an area of 1,665 acres (674 ha) at an elevation of 6,814 feet (2,077 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 6/24 is 8,099 by 100 feet (2,469 x 30 m) and 12/30 is 6,500 by 75 feet (1,981 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending March 31, 2009, the airport had 7,002 aircraft operations, an average of 19 per day: 83.6% general aviation, 11.5% air taxi, 3.5% scheduled commercial, and 1.4% military. At that time there were 37 aircraft based at this airport: 86.5% single-engine, 8.1% multi-engine, 2.7% jet and 2.7% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for SRR ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 8 April 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 4 (PDF, 1.61 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- "Ruidoso, New Mexico - Sierra Blanca Regional (IATA: RUI, ICAO: KSRR, FAA: SRR)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 20 May 2010.
- Sierra Blanca Regional Airport home page
- Aerial photo as of 18 October 1996 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for SRR, effective September 18, 2014
- Resources for this airport: