Sierra Blanca Regional Airport
|Sierra Blanca Regional Airport|
|IATA: RUI – ICAO: KSRR – FAA LID: SRR|
|Owner||Village of Ruidoso|
|Serves||Ruidoso, New Mexico|
|Elevation AMSL||6,814 ft / 2,077 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Sierra Blanca Regional Airport (IATA: RUI, ICAO: KSRR, FAA LID: SRR) is 17 miles (28 km) northeast of Ruidoso, a village in Lincoln County, New Mexico. It is owned by the Village of Ruidoso. The FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013 classified it as a general aviation airport.
New Mexico Airlines used to serve the Sierra Blanca Regional Airport but no longer does.
In the year ending March 31, 2009 the airport had 7,002 aircraft operations, average 19 per day: 83.6% general aviation, 11.5% air taxi, 3.5% airline, and 1.4% military. 37 aircraft were then based at the airport: 86.5% single-engine, 8.1% multi-engine, 2.7% jet and 2.7% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for SRR ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 8 April 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 4 (PDF, 1.61 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- Sierra Blanca Regional Airport home page
- Aerial photo as of 18 October 1996 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for SRR, effective March 6, 2014
- Resources for this airport: