Sify is an internet service provider in India. It was one of the first private sector companies to offer internet access in India after the state-run VSNL lost its monopoly. It leased international bandwidth from global vendors, domestic connectivity from telecoms companies and set up last mile connectivity using Wi-Fi connections from roof-top antennae, copper phone lines and cable TV connections. Sify also started providing internet connections for businesses in India. Sify also set up a chain of franchised internet cafes.
Mr. Raju Vegesna, the entrepreneur who has made several billion dollars with his other company Serverworks, now runs Sify. He took over the company in June 2006 after Mr. Ramaraj as the company's CEO. Under the leadership of Mr. Raju, his company has earned a maiden profit after 10 years of its existence. It reported revenues of $ 128 million for the full financial year 2006-07, 17.9% higher than the previous year and a Net profit for the year was $ 2.3 million compared to a net loss of $3.50 million for the previous fiscal.
On August 18, 2012, Sify Technologies Limited, announced the appointment of Kamal Nath as its chief executive officer. Kamal Nath has been tasked to lead the team that will help realize Sify 3.0; the vision to make Sify Technologies a Services and Solutions leader. Kamal is a founder member of HCL Comnet. 
- Sify Technologies Ltd. The New York Times.
- About us. www.sifycorp.com.
- "Business". Daily Excelsior. December 17, 2000. Satyam Infoway among 10 top technology companies: Fortune. Archived from the original on April 17, 2001.
- ServerEngines | Company | Management Team[dead link]
- Emulex to Acquire ServerEngines
- "Kamal Nath is Sify's new CEO". Retrieved August 17, 2012.
- Sify Technologies Limited (SIFY.O) (Consolidated Issue listed on NASDAQ Global Market). Reuters.