Company profile 
Sify is an Internet service provider in all Over India. Seventy five per cent of the 1.6 million visitors in 2008 to the web site sify.com hail from India. It was rated as one of "The ten top technology companies world-wide recommended for investment" by Fortune in 2000.
Sify was one of the first private sector player to offer internet access, when internet access was opened to private sector (until then the state run VSNL had a monopoly in providing internet access). It leased international bandwidth from global vendors, domestic connectivity from telecom players and set up last mile connectivity by multiple methods: wi-fi connections using roof top antennae, copper connections using phone lines or cable TV connections. Sify also started providing internet network connectivity for business enterprises in India. Sify set up a chain of franchised internet cafes (today a network of over 3,300+ cybercafes).
In 2007, Sify got the registration of its UK branch.
Mr. Raju Vegesna, the entrepreneur who has made several billion dollars with his other company Serverworks, now runs Sify. He took over the company in June 2006 after Mr. Ramaraj quit as the company's CEO. Under the leadership of Mr. Raju, his company has earned a maiden profit after 10 years of its existence. It reported revenues of $ 128 million for the full financial year 2006-07, 17.9% higher than the previous year and a Net profit for the year was $ 2.3 million compared to a net loss of $3.50 million for the previous fiscal.
On August 18, 2012, Sify Technologies Limited, announced the appointment of Kamal Nath as its chief executive officer. Kamal Nath has been tasked to lead the team that will help realize Sify 3.0; the vision to make Sify Technologies a Services and Solutions leader. Kamal is a founder member of HCL Comnet. 
India presence 
See also 
- Sify Technologies Ltd. The New York Times.
- About us. www.sifycorp.com.
- "Almost 75 per cent of the visitors hail from India". Alexa.com. 2009-12-10. Retrieved 2011-02-23.
- "1.6 million visitors in 2008". Siteanalytics.compete.com. Retrieved 2011-02-23.
- Satyam Infoway among 10 top technology companies: Fortune. Daily Excelsior. December 17, 2000.
- ServerEngines | Company | Management Team[dead link]
- Emulex to Acquire ServerEngines
- "Kamal Nath is Sify's new CEO". Retrieved August 17, 2012.
- Sify Technologies Limited (SIFY.O) (Consolidated Issue listed on NASDAQ Global Market). Reuters.