|Original author(s)||Strahinja Marković|
|Discontinued||0.7.4 / 27 October 2013|
|Written in||C++ (Qt)|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and Linux|
|Type||Desktop publishing software|
Sigil is an open-source editor for EPUB e-books developed by Strahinja Marković in 2009 and maintained by John Schember from 2011 to 2014. Development ceased in 2014 and Schember recommended calibre as an alternative.
As a cross-platform application, Sigil is distributed for the Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and Linux platforms under the GNU GPL license. Sigil supports both WYSIWYG and code-based editing of EPUB files, as well as the import of HTML and plain text files.
Sigil's features include:
- Full UTF-16 and EPUB 2 specification support
- Multiple views: book, code and preview view
- WYSIWYG editing in book view
- Table of contents generator with multi-level heading support
- Metadata editor with full support for all metadata entries
- Spell checking with default and user configurable dictionaries
- Full regular expression (PCRE) support for find and replace
- Supports import of EPUB and HTML files, images, and style sheets,
- FlightCrew EPUB integration for EPUB compliance validator
- Integrated API to external HTML and graphics editors
- Schember, John (2013-10-27). "Sigil 0.7.4 Released". Retrieved 2013-10-27.
- Schember, John (25 July 2011). "Taking over Sigil". Sigil development blog. Retrieved 8 August 2011.
- Schember, John (9 Feb 2014). "Sigil's spiritual successor". Sigil development blog. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- Benthin, Falko (4 August 2009). "Freier epub-Editor Sigil erschienen". Pro-Linux.de. Retrieved 19 November 2010.
- Diedrich, Oliver. "Der kleine E-Autor: E-Books im Epub-Format selbst erstellen". c't 25/2009. p. 146. Retrieved 19 November 2010.
- Chris von Eitzen (2012-10-31), Sigil EPUB ebook editor 0.6.0 released, The H, archived from the original on 4 April 2013, retrieved 2012-11-03
- Official website
- Old code repository
- Sigil development blog
- Sigil users' forum
- Ebook editing with Sigil LWN.net, 2011
|This software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|