From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A signature is a hand-written, possibly stylized, version of someone's name, which may be used to confirm the person's identity.
|Look up signature in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Signature may also refer to:
- distinctive, characteristic indicative of identity
- Signature artwork, works by popular and well-established artists that are easily recognized as theirs because of unique characteristics in style, medium, or subject matter; distinctive works that may be easily recognized without having to ascertain the makers, the school of art, or the period
- Signature block, text automatically appended at the bottom of an e-mail message, Usenet article, or forum post
- Method signature, in computer programming, especially object-oriented programming, how a method is commonly identified
- Type signature, which defines the inputs and outputs for a function or method
- Blind signature, digital signature in which the content of a message is disguised
- Digital signature (or public-key digital signature), a method for authenticating information
- Digital Signature Algorithm, a United States Federal Government standard
- Electronic signature, a signature imputed to a text via one or more of several electronic means, or cryptographic means to add non-repudiation and message integrity features to a document
- ElGamal signature scheme, based on the difficulty of computing discrete logarithms
- Key signature (cryptography), the result of applying a hash function on a key
- XML Signature, a W3C recommendation that defines an XML syntax
- Signature (logic), in mathematical logic
- Signature (permutation), in mathematics
- Signature of a real symmetric bilinear form
- Signature of a knot, in knot theory
- Prime signature, the multiset of exponents in the prime factorisation of a number
- Key signature, a series of sharp or flat symbols placed on the staff, designating notes that are to be played one semitone higher or lower
- Signature (Moya Brennan album), a 2006 album by Irish musician Moya Brennan
- Signature (Joe album)
- Signature (Patrice Rushen album)
- Signature (news music), a news music and station image package composed by Stephen Arnold
- Signature Records, a mid-20th century United States-based record label
- Signature song, the one song that a popular and well-established artist is identified with
- Time signature, a notational device used to specify how many beats are in each bar and which note value constitutes one beat
- Isotopic signature, a characteristic set of ratios of stable or unstable isotopes
- Metric signature, in physics, refers to the form of a metric tensor: the sign of the diagonal components constitutes its "signature"
- Signature change, in relativity
- Spectral signature, the specific combination of reflected and absorbed electromagnetic (EM) radiation at varying wavelengths which can uniquely identify an object
- Radar cross-section
- Acoustic signature, a combination of acoustic emissions
In other uses:
- Signature (whisky), a brand of Indian whisky
- Signature crime, a crime which exhibits characteristics unique to an offender's psychology.
- Signature mark, a mark at the bottom of signatures to assist the bookbinder
- Signature, a brand of the clothing company Levi Strauss & Co.
- Signature (charity)/CACDP, Signature is a trading name of the Council for the Advancement of Communication for Deaf People in the UK.
- Signature Digital Menus, a company specialising in the provision of digital menu boards
- Signature (dance group), a British Bhangra act in the 2008 series of the popular British television show Britain's Got Talent
- Signature Books, a publisher of Mormon works
- Signatures Restaurant, a restaurant formerly owned by Washington lobbyist Jack Abramoff
- Signature School, a nationally recognized 9-12 charter school in Evansville, Indiana
- Signature Theatres, a movie theatre chain in California, Hawaii, and Montana operated by Regal Entertainment Group
- Signature Team, a French motor racing team.
- In bookbinding, a large sheet of paper printed with several pages, which, when folded, is intended to form four or more leaves in the finished book
- Diabolical signature, in demonology, the signature of a devil, demon or similar spirit, whose purpose is usually to sign away one's soul
- Doctrine of signatures, in Christian European metaphysics
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.