|Full name||Sigrid Rondelez|
17 March 1971 |
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||61 kg (134 lb)|
|Club||Side Shore Surfers de Panne|
Sigrid Rondelez (born March 17, 1971 in Bruges) is a Belgian windsurfer, who specialized in Mistral and Neil Pryde RS:X classes. She represented Belgium in three editions of the Olympic Games (2000, 2004, and 2012), and was a top eight finalist at the 2003 ISAF Sailing World Championships in Cadiz, Spain. Before her sporting career ended in 2012, Rondelez trained for Side Shore Surfers Club in De Panne under her head coach, former Dutch windsurfer, and 2008 Olympian Casper Bouman.
Rondelez made her official debut at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, where she placed sixteenth in women's Mistral sailboard with a net score of 127 points. At the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Rondelez competed again in the same program after finishing eighth from the World Championships in Cadiz. She posted a grade of 148 net points to end the eleven-race opening series with an eighteenth-place finish.
Eight years after competing in her last Olympics, Rondelez qualified for her third Belgian team, as a 36-year-old, in the RS:X class at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London by receiving a berth from the ISAF Sailing World Championships in Perth, Western Australia. Rondelez missed a chance to sail in the medal race with a seventeenth place finish after ten opening rounds, accumulating a net score of 150 points.
- "Sigrid Rondelez". London 2012. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Sigrid Rondelez". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Voile Sigrid Rondelez qualifiée pour les JO" [Sailor Sigrid Rondelez qualified for the Olympics] (in French). La Dernière Heure. 22 September 2003. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "Evi van Acker: "Ik heb reële medaillekansen in Londen"" [Evi van Acker: "I have real medal chances in London"] (in Dutch). Het Laatste Nieuws. 3 July 2012. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "Sydney 2000: Sailing – Women's Mistral One Design Class" (PDF). Sydney 2000. LA84 Foundation. p. 81. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Women's Mistral Sailboard". Athens 2004. BBC Sport. 15 August 2004. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- Cendrowicz, Leo (18 July 2012). "Irina Konstantinova-Bontemps Set For Fourth Olympic Games". Flanders Today. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "Windsurfster Sigrid Rondelez haalt BOIC-norm voor Londen" [Windsurfer Sigrid Rondelez gets an Olympic ticket to London] (in Dutch). Het Laatste Nieuws. 8 July 2011. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "Women's RS:X". London 2012. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- "Sigrid Rondelez 17e op Olympische Spelen van Londen in RS:X" [Sigrid Rondelez finished 17th in RS:X at the Olympic Games in London] (in Dutch). Bloso. 5 August 2012. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
|This biographical article related to Belgian sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|