Head Office of Sigtuna Municipality in Märsta
|• Total||351.64 km2 (135.77 sq mi)|
|• Land||327.87 km2 (126.59 sq mi)|
|• Water||23.77 km2 (9.18 sq mi)|
|Area as of January 1, 2010.|
|Population (June 30, 2012)|
|• Density||110/km2 (290/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|ISO 3166 code||SE|
|Density is calculated using land area only.|
Sigtuna Municipality (Sigtuna kommun) is a municipality in Stockholm County in east central Sweden. Its seat is located in the town of Märsta, approximately 37 km north of the Swedish capital, Stockholm.
The municipality is a part of Metropolitan Stockholm.
The municipality consists of several former local government units and was formed in 1971. It got its name from the small, but very old, City of Sigtuna, but the seat was placed in the larger modern town of Märsta.
The three towns of the municipality are Märsta (pop. 23,000), Sigtuna (pop. 8,000) and Rosersberg (pop. 1,400), of which Märsta is the municipal seat and Sigtuna with its old and important history is a popular tourist destination.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)|
In the municipality lies the largest workplace in Sweden, the Arlanda Airport, with 13,000 employees in 200 companies. As a result, Siguna is travelled through by 18,300,000 visitors yearly, and has the fourth most hotel stays, following to the commercial and regional centres Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö.
Scandinavian Airlines has its head office on the airport property. Swedavia, the Swedish airport management company, has its head office on the airport property. The airline Skyways previously had its head office on the airport property.
Twin towns — Sister cities
- "Statistiska centralbyrån den 1 januari 2010" (Microsoft Excel) (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- "SCB, Befolkningsstatistik 30 juni 2012" (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. Retrieved 2010-08-19.
- "SAS Head Office in Sweden." Scandinavian Airlines. Retrieved on 27 January 2012. "SAS Head Office Stockholm-Arlanda Kabinvägen 5 SE-195 87 Stockholm"
- "Swedavia Start Page." Swedavia. Retrieved on 7 December 2010. "Swedavia AB, 190 45 Stockholm-Arlanda, Sweden."
- "Contact." Skyways. 9 April 2010. Retrieved on 22 May 2012. "Visiting address Arlanda Flygplats"
- Sigtuna Municipality - Official site (Swedish)