Sigurt-Horstmar Freiherr von Beaulieu-Marconnay
|Sigurt-Horstmar Freiherr von Beaulieu-Marconnay|
|Born||31 December 1900
|Died||8 October 1953
Prisoner of war camp near Krasnopolje, Ukraine
|Allegiance|| German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1920)
|Years of service||1917–1920
|Commands held||Grenadier-Regiment 29 (mot.)|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Sigurt-Horstmar Freiherr von Beaulieu-Marconnay[a] (31 December 1900 – 8 October 1953) was a highly decorated Oberst in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Sigurt-Horstmar Freiherr von Beaulieu-Marconnay was captured by Soviet troops during the Battle of Stalingrad. He died on 8 October 1953 in a prisoner of war camp near Krasnopolje, Ukraine
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class
- 1st Class
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class
- 1st Class
- Eastern Front Medal
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 20 January 1943 as Oberst and commander of Grenadier-Regiment 29 (mot.)
- a Regarding personal names: Freiherr is a former title (translated as Baron), which is now legally a part of the last name. The feminine forms are Freifrau and Freiin.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 107.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.