|Elevation||386 m (1,266 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Sihora is located at  It has an average elevation of 386 metres (1266 feet). It was the biggest tehsil of the state. The people of Sihora are demanding district status from their state government. A village, Karondi, about 40 km from Sihora is considered to be centre point of post-partition India (pre-partition centre point is at Nagpur)..
Sihora municipal corporation is one of the oldest corporations of Madhya Pradesh. It was established in 1867.
According to the 2001 India census, Sihora had a population of 37,887. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Sihora has an average literacy rate of 68%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 75%, and female literacy is 59%. In Sihora, 15% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Pandit Vishnu Datt Higher Secondary School (Model School)
- Salem higher secondary school
- Marthoma Gram Jyoti Senior Secondary CBSE School
- Saraswati Higher secondary School
- Chanda De Narayan Prasad Higher Secondary School
- Government Shyam Sunder Agarwal College
- BHAWANI PRASAD SHUKLA MAHAVIDYALAYA
A power project has been approved in the Hargarh industrial area, where some companies like Eurobond have initiated their efforts.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc – Sihora. Fallingrain.com. Retrieved on 2012-07-26.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
Education Govt.lalchand higher secondary school