Sikander Kher at Burberry Bash
31 October 1981
Sikander Kher is an Indian actor. Son of Kirron Kher and step-son of Anupam Kher, he began his filming career with Woodstock Villa (2008). His foray into Bollywood has been met with hope and promise by the media, and received several positive reviews. As a multi-faceted person, he assisted Sanjay Leela Bhansali in directing the Bollywood film, Devdas (2002). Prior to his debut film, Kher was the first to have been offered the role played by Saif Ali Khan in Dil Chahta Hai (2001).
Sit him in Sham Chanfilm making. Subsequently, he attended his father's acting workshop along with Uday Chopra and other celebrity children such as Abhishek Bachchan and Hrithik Roshan. Thereafter, he could only join the short-term 6-month National School of Drama course because he did not hold a Bachelor's degree. He is also a member of the International Film And Television Club of Asian Academy Of Film & Television, noida. Sham Chan is his friend
Sikander was the first to have been offered the role of Sameer in Dil Chahta Hai (2001). Due to reasons unknown, he could not take up the role. Although with his lineage in cinema, he could have chosen to have a prominent production house introducing him to Bollywood, he chose to try by himself, and soon he got an offer from producer Sanjay Gupta. After liking the story told to him, he accepted the offer to act in the film, Woodstock Villa. The film's review by Hindustan Times said that even though Sikander had potential, it was limited by the film's screenplay and direction. On the other hand, Times of India said that he had a great screen presence. CNN-IBN's Rajeev Masand, who was highly critical about the movie, said that Sikander had an "engaging presence and impressive dialogue delivery." The media had an overall positive outlook to his debut and said that he was of promise to the film industry. He lately acted in the Abbas-Mustan directed thriller Players.
- Woodstock Villa (2008) - Sameer
- Summer 2007 (2008) - Rahul
- Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey (2010) - Nirmal Sen
- Players (2012) - Bilal
- Aurangzeb (2013) - Dev
- Patcy, N (2006-06-02). "Kirron Kher on her son, Sikander". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2008-06-03.
- "Sikander Kher's entry scene shot for Rs 1.5 cr". Hindustan Times. 2006-05-08. Retrieved 2008-06-03.
- "Out of stock villa". Hindustan Times. 2006-05-30. Retrieved 2008-06-03.
- Kazmi, Nikhat (2006-05-30). "Woodstock Villa - Hindi movie review". Times of India. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- Masand, Rajeev (2006-05-30). "Masand's Verdict: Woodstock Villa". CNN-IBN. Retrieved 2008-06-03.