Its focus include issues such as labour rights, domestic violence, food insecurity and alcohol abuse. The union has over 4000 employed and unemployed members including those living on farms in Stellenbosch, Grabouw, Villiersdorp, Franschhoek, Ceres, Rawsonville, Paarl and Wellington.
In 2011 it had around 5 000 members on over 200 hundred farms in ten different districts of the Western Cape.
See also 
- Abahlali baseMjondolo
- The Bhumi Uchhed Pratirodh Committee in India
- The EZLN in Mexico
- Fanmi Lavalas in Haiti
- The Homeless Workers' Movement in Brazil
- The Landless Peoples Movement in South Africa
- The Landless Workers' Movement in Brazil
- The Mandela Park Backyarders
- Movement for Justice en el Barrio in the United States of America
- Narmada Bachao Andolan in India
- Take Back the Land in the United States of America
- Western Cape Anti-Eviction Campaign
- The Farm Workers' Strike: It's Far From Over, by Anna Majavu, SACSIS, 15 November 2012
- "Sikhula Sonke". Women on Farms.
- "In Solidarity: A week of radical actions including a march on Parliament by Sikhula Sonke, the farmworkers trade union". Anti-Eviction Campaign.
- "Farm workers announce election boycott". WestCapeNews.
- "No Land! No House! No Vote!". War on Want.
- Agents of Change? Post-Apartheid Social Movements, by Anciano, Fiona, Rhodes University, 2013