From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sikorsky is an English-language respelling of the Slavic surname Sikorski. Derived from the Polish word sikora – meaning "chickadee/tit" – it was originally the name of a noble Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth family.
Sikorsky or Sikorski may refer to:
People with the surname
- Igor Sikorsky (1889–1972), Russian-American inventor and founder of the Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation
- Brian Sikorski (born 1974), Major League Baseball and Nippon Professional Baseball relief pitcher
- Radosław Sikorski (born 1963), Polish Minister of Foreign Affairs, former Minister of National Defence
- Roman Sikorski (1920–1983), Polish mathematician
- Rudolf Sikorski, a fictional character in Boris and Arkady Strugatsky's series of novels
- Władysław Sikorski (1881–1943), Polish general and Prime Minister in exile during World War II
- Sikorsky (illustrator), a Japanese illustrator who is the illustrator of the light novel Campione!
- Sikorsky (comics), a Marvel Comics character
- Sikorsky (crater), a lunar crater named after Igor Sikorsky
- Sikorsky Aircraft, also known as the Sikorsky Aero Engineering Company
- Hans Sikorski, a music publishing house in Hamburg, Germany
- Polish Institute and Sikorski Museum in London, named for General Władysław Sikorski
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.