Silas Robertson in 2013
|Born||Silas Merritt Robertson
April 27, 1948
|Denomination||Churches of Christ|
|Spouse(s)||Christine Raney (1971-present)|
|Children||Trasa Lee Robertson Cobern
Scott Merritt Robertson
|Parents||Merritt B. Thurman-Hale
James Harold Robertson
|Relatives||Phil Alexander Robertson (brother)
James Francis Robertson (brother)
Harold Gene Robertson (brother)
Thomas Silas Robertson (brother)
Judith Ann Robertson (sister)
Janice Ellen Robertson Dasher (sister)
Zach Dasher (nephew)
Silas Merritt "Si" Robertson (born April 27, 1948), often referred to as Uncle Si and Si, is an American television personality, preacher, hunter, outdoorsman, former U.S Army Soldier, and duck-call maker at Duck Commander. He is best known for his role on A&E's Duck Dynasty, on which he has emerged as the breakout character. He has also appeared on other shows such as the Outdoor Channel's Buck Commander.
Robertson was born to James and Merritt Robertson (née Hale) in Vivian, Louisiana, the sixth of seven children. He has four brothers, Jimmy Frank, Harold, Tommy, and Phil, and two sisters, Judy and Jan. Due to financial setbacks of their family during Si and his siblings' childhoods, the Robertson family lived in rugged conditions with significantly fewer amenities than the average American enjoyed. Si and his older brother Phil were the best of friends; while Phil was in high school, Si almost always tagged along with him and his girlfriend Kay. In high school, Si attended North Caddo High School in Vivian, Louisiana. He played on the football team in the footsteps of his brother Phil, even wearing the same #10 jersey.
After dropping out of Louisiana Tech University after three quarters, Robertson was drafted into the United States Army during the Vietnam War. During the war, his mother sent him a set of Tupperware cups, two boots, and two jars of jalapeño peppers in each boot, because he loves jalapeño peppers. These gifts are his greatest treasures, and he is rarely seen without one of his plastic cups drinking iced tea, which he treats with equal importance. Si retired from the Army in 1993 with the rank of Sergeant First Class (E-7).
Business with Duck Commander
After retiring from the Army in 1993, Si found employment at his brother Phil's Duck Commander business. Si has been a big part of the growing business. His job is to fashion the reeds that are inserted in every patented duck call. Si thinks that it is a pretty easy job and is depicted in Duck Dynasty as having difficulties staying on task; he often seeks breaks to take a nap or play around with equipment in the warehouse.
In an interview with Good Morning America, Robertson talked about his wife. He said, "One woman has already got my heart, we've been married for 43 years and her name is Miss Christine." He also talked about how after he had asked for her hand in marriage about 100 times, she finally said yes. The two married in 1971, and they had a daughter; Trasa, and a son; Scott. They also have eight grandsons.
Like the rest of his family, Robertson is very open about his Christian faith. "That's what got me through 65 years of life, my belief in God and what He's done for us and what He will do for us". His favorite Scripture verses are John 3:16 and 17. "When I sign people's stuff I put down John 3:16 and 17. Most people can tell you what 16 says, OK. 'For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son.' But they don't know nothin' about 17. It says Jesus didn't come to condemn us. If anybody had a right to condemn someone, it would be the son of God. If he didn't do it, then hey, we definitely are not qualified to do it." 
In A&E's reality television show Duck Dynasty, Si (or Uncle Si) is one of the main characters. He is perhaps the most well-known and recognized character of the bunch, due to the frequency and quality of his jokes, as well as his general manner. His spontaneous nature often launches the plot of the show into action, whether handcuffing himself to his nephew Willie, or spending the prize money of $2,000 at a children's arcade.
The following is a list of some of the characteristic phrases Robertson uses:
- "Good Grief!"
- "Hey Jack!"
- "That's a fact, Jack"
- The insult "hefers."
- "He/He's gone!"
- "It's on like Donkey Kong!"
- "Nah!" / "No way Jack!"
- "Back in 'Nam"
- "Piece of Junk!"
|Title||Details||Peak chart positions||Sales|
|Me and My Smokin' Hot Honey||—||—|
- Si-cology 1: Tales and Wisdom from Duck Dynasty's Favorite Uncle. (2013) Simon and Schuster. ISBN 9781476745398
- Walters, Barbara (December 18, 2013). Barbara Walters Presents the 10 Most Fascinating People of 2013. ABC.
- http://starcasm.net/archives/205810. Asa Hawks - "Duck Dynasty’s Si Robertson football photos from high school yearbook". Starcasm.net - Retrieved 8/19/2013
- http://www.aetv.com/duck-dynasty/meet-family/si-robertson/. A&E - "Si Robertson". Retrieved 8/19/2013
- http://www.parade.com/63377/shawnamalcom/duck-dynastys-si-robertson-on-his-iced-tea-habit-and-keeping-everyone-happy/. Shawna Malcom - "Duck Dynasty's Si Robertson on His Iced Tea Habit and Keeping Everyone Happy". Parade.com - Retrieved 8/19/2013
- http://www.aetv.com/duck-dynasty/meet-family/si-robertson/. A&E - "Si Robertson" Retrieved 8/19/2013
- Robertson, Si (9-03-13). "Go behind the scenes of Duck Dynasty with Uncle Si". ABC News. Check date values in:
- Weng, Sarah (2013-09-27). "Duck Dynasty: Uncle Si Robertson talks faith in God, wife, and children". Christian Today. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- http://www.aetv.com/duck-dynasty/pictures/si-amese-twins-17225546/4-si-willie-handcuffs-17225556#4-si-willie-handcuffs. A&E - "Photos - Si-amese Twins". A&E.com - Retrieved 8/19/2013
- http://www.duckdynastyquotes.com/category/2/si%20robertson. Various - "Si Robertson Quotes". Duck Dynasty Quotes - Retrieved 8/19/2013