Siler City Municipal Airport
|Siler City Municipal Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: none – FAA LID: SCR|
|Owner||Town of Siler City|
|Serves||Siler City, North Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||615 ft / 187 m|
Siler City Municipal Airport (FAA LID: SCR) is a public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) southwest of the central business district of Siler City, a town in Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. It is owned by the Town of Siler City. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Siler City Municipal Airport covers an area of 92 acres (37 ha) at an elevation of 615 feet (187 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 4/22 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,000 by 75 feet (1,524 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending August 6, 2009, the airport had 21,500 aircraft operations, an average of 58 per day: 95% general aviation and 5% military. At that time there were 24 aircraft based at this airport: 79% single-engine and 21% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 5W8 ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- Cardinal Air, the fixed base operator (FBO)
- PDF at North Carolina DOT airport guide
- Aerial image as of February 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 5W8, effective May 28, 2015
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|