Silex website builder
|Developer(s)||Alexandre Hoyau, Pierre Teissière, Pol Goasdoué, founders|
|Stable release||1.6 Carbon / September 2010|
|Website||Silex official website|
- Founded in 2003 by Alexandre Hoyau, Pol Goasdoué and Pierre Teissière. The project is oriented towards video and cross media.
- In 2005, the version v0-6 is presented at the WWDC2005 in Cupertino California. Apple is interested in Flash capacity to compete with their QuickTime plug-in. Macromedia has just been acquired by Adobe, Apple’s main partner.
- In 2006, the program was presented in several conferences at La Villette and won a challenge organized by Dauphine high school with INRIA - French National institute for research in computer science and control. The program at this time was mainly used for freelancers small projects.
- In 2007, Silex source code officially released as open source
- In 2008, Silex was among the 100 first Open Source projects on SourceForge. Silex v1 is released.
- In 2009, Silex was project of the month on SourceForge. The program was presented Silex at several French conference: Futur en Seine, Les Trophées du Libre, Pas sage en Seine, Wikiplaza 
- In 2010, the team members formalized their cooperation by creating a non profit organization for promotion, deployment support, and development of open source software projects related to Silex and Open Source Flash. The organization became the official maintainer of AMFPHP, a mature communautary project.
- In 2012, Silex has reached the 100.000 downloads. And the team has made a dedicated version for HTML, the html5 editor, which was downloaded 1000 times on the first month.
- WYSIWYG environment to edit a publication with drag and drop
- suitable for prototyping
- web based, can be installed locally, on a web server or as a portable app
- free templates and plugins