|Type||Public (NASDAQ: SIMG)|
|Headquarters||Sunnyvale, California, USA|
|Key people||Camillo Martino, Chief Executive Officer; Noland Granberry, Chief Financial Officer; Jeff M. Gilbert, Ph.D, Chief Technology Officer|
|Products||Semiconductor and Intellectual Property products for mobile, consumer electronics, and PC markets|
|Revenue||$252.4 million USD (FY12)|
|Subsidiaries||HDMI, LLC; Mobile_High-Definition_Link, LLC; Simplay Labs, LLC, WiSA, LLC, DVDO|
Silicon Image is a manufacturer of wireless and wired connectivity products used for high-definition content. Silicon Image was founded in 1995, and is traded on the NASDAQ market under the symbol SIMG. Silicon Image is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, employs around 500 people worldwide and has regional engineering and sales offices in India, China, Japan, Korea and Taiwan.
- October 1999: Silicon Image raises $46.8 million in initial public offering
- March 31, 2000, Silicon Image Inc. agreed to buy the closely held DVDO Inc. for $45 million in stock to add technology for digital televisions, DVD players and high-definition video.
- February 2005: Silicon Image ships 100 millionth chip
- December 2006: HDMI adopters reach 500th milestone
- June 2007: Silicon Image shipped its 1 millionth DTV input processor
- March 2008: The number of firms adopting the HDMI standard surpasses 800
- May 2009: Silicon Image joins Serial Port Memory Technology (SPMT) Consortium
- June 2009: HDMI specification version 1.4 released
- July 2009: 3D product portfolio announced
- January 2010: Silicon Image ships over 20 million InstaPort-enabled port processors
- April 2010: The Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) Consortium is formed with Nokia, Samsung, Silicon Image, Sony and Toshiba as promoters
- September 2010: The number of firms adopting the HDMI standard surpasses 1000
- October 2010: Silicon Image unveils first MHL-enabled products
- December 2010: Silicon Image introduces ViaPort technology
- February 2011: Silicon Image completes acquisition of Anchor Bay Technologies
- May 2011: Silicon Image completes acquisition of SiBEAM, Inc.
- Feb 2012: Silicon Image establishes new R&D centre in Hyderabad, India.
The company sells semiconductor hardware and intellectual property (IP) products. Silicon Image's products are deployed by electronics manufacturers in consumer devices like PCs, mobile phones, tablets and digital cameras.
The company is involved in industry standards such as HDMI, DVI, Serial Port Memory Technology (SPMT), Mobile High-definition Link (MHL), and the standard for 60 GHz wireless HD video - WirelessHD (WiHD).
- Digital Visual Interface (DVI)
- High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)
- Mobile High-definition Link (MHL)
- Serial Port Memory Technology (SPMT)
- Transition Minimized Differential Signaling (TMDS)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Silicon Image.|
- "Silicon Image Acquisition".
- Jason, Knott (January 17, 2011). "ViaPort Eliminating HDMI ‘Handshake’ Problems". CEPro. Retrieved May 14, 2012.
- Udgirkar, Trushna (February 17, 2012). "US-based Silicon Image opens R&D unit in Hyderabad". MydigitalFC. Retrieved May 14, 2012.
- Clarke, Peter (May 14, 2011). "Silicon Image to buy SiBeam for $25 million". EE Times. Retrieved May 14, 2012.
- waseda.ac.jp - /trunk/FreeBSD8.2/sys/dev/ata/chipsets/ata-siliconimage.c i-Path, 2010-12-21