|Developer(s)||Borland (a Micro Focus company) previously Borland, Segue|
|Stable release||12.1 / Released December 2012|
|Operating system||Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows XP 64 bit Service Pack 1 (execution server), Windows Server 2003 R2 Service Pack 2, Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit (execution server), Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 64 bit, Windows 7 32 bit/64 bit Service Pack 1 (execution server)|
|Platform||Windows, Execution Agents (Windows & Linux)|
|Available in||English, Japanese, German, French, Simplified Chinese|
Silk Central is a test management software developed by Borland with integrated framework that is built to improve productivity, traceability, and visibility for all types of software testing. SilkCentral Test Manager is an open software test management solution that supports both responsive and traditional development projects.
Usability in Business
- Reduce costs and increase quality of applications
- Ensure delivery of projects
- Define optimal testing practices across teams
- Collect prioritize and control all aspects of test management
- Deliver advanced reporting, including project status, requirements and test coverage.
- Resolve capacity problems before they have an operational impact.
- Personalized dashboard for different stakeholders.
- Unified framework for test management across distributed teams.
- Open integration with software testing tools.