A Silver Jubilee is a celebration held to mark a 25th anniversary. The anniversary celebrations can be of a wedding anniversary, ruling anniversary or anything that has completed a 25 year mark. Silver Jubilee is followed by Golden Jubilee.
Silver Jubilees in the British Empire and Commonwealth Realms 
In the Commonwealth Realms, a Silver Jubilee is held in the 25th year of a monarch's reign. This is followed by a Golden Jubilee in the 50th year, a Diamond Jubilee in the 60th year and a Platinum Jubilee in the 70th year.
Silver Jubilees in recent history 
- Sultan Abdulhamid II of Ottoman Empire celebrated his Silver Jubilee on 31 August 1901.
- Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria celebrated his Silver Jubilee on 2 December 1873.
- Emperor Wilhelm I of Germany celebrated his Silver Jubilee on 2 January 1886 as King of Prussia.
- King Oscar II of Sweden and Norway celebrated his Silver Jubilee on 18 September 1897.
- Emperor Wilhelm II of Germany celebrated his Silver Jubilee on 15 June 1913.
- King George V marked his Silver Jubilee in 1935. A train, Silver Jubilee, was named in honour of this. A number of public parks were opened in Britain around this time with the title Silver Jubilee Park or Jubilee Park.
- Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia celebrated his Silver Jubilee on 2 November 1955.
- King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand celebrated his Silver Jubilee on 9 June 1971.
- Queen Juliana of the Netherlands marked her Silver Jubilee in 1973.
- Queen Elizabeth II's Silver Jubilee was in 1977.
- Queen Margrethe II of Denmark celebrated her Silver Jubilee on 14 January 1997.
- King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden celebrated his Silver Jubilee on 15 September 1998.
- King Juan Carlos I of Spain celebrated his Silver Jubilee on 22 November 2000.
- Pope John Paul II celebrated his Silver Jubilee in 2003.
- Pope Shenouda III of Alexandria celebrated his Silver Jubilee in 1996.
- Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands celebrated her Silver Jubilee on 29 April 2005.
- Sultan Azlan Shah of Perak celebrated his Silver Jubilee on 3 February 2009.
- Emperor Akihito of Japan is expected to have his Silver Jubilee in 2014.
- King Harald V of Norway is expected to have his Silver Jubilee in 2016.
South Asian film terminology 
- http://www.pakistanviews.com/a-tribute-to-action-legend-on-his-10th-anniversary/A tribute to action legend on his 10th anniversary/ "A Silver Jubilee film is an average film, which shows 25 weeks continuously on cinemas in a single city. The success measure for a Silver Jubilee film is minimum 10 weeks in main cinemas."