Silver Spring–Takoma Thunderbolts
|Silver Spring–Takoma Thunderbolts|
|League||Cal Ripken Collegiate Baseball League (2005-present), Clark Griffith League (2000-2004)|
|Location||Silver Spring, Maryland|
|Ballpark||Montgomery Blair Baseball Stadium|
|League championships||2005 (co-champions), 2006|
|Colors||Blue and Maroon|
|Management||Edward Sharp (President)
Joe Gerbasi (Vice President)
David Stinson (General Manager)
|Manager||Doug Remer (Head Coach)|
The Silver Spring–Takoma Thunderbolts is a collegiate summer baseball team based in Silver Spring, Maryland. Most of its players are drawn from the college ranks. The team is a member of the Cal Ripken Collegiate Baseball League (CRCBL). The Thunderbolts play their home games at Montgomery Blair Baseball Stadium. The Thunderbolts are funded through ticket sales, sponsorships, merchandise sales, donations, and other fundraising efforts at games.
The Thunderbolts played in the Clark Griffith League (CGL) from 2000-2004. In 2005 the Thunderbolts became a founding member of the Cal Ripken Collegiate Baseball League (CRCBL) In 2005 the team shared the League Champsionship with the Bethesda Big Train. In 2006 the team won the League Championship.
Notable alumni 
- Jonathan Papelbon, currently the closer for the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Brett Cecil, currently pitching for the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Zach Clark, currently pitching in the Baltimore Orioles organization.
- Adam Mills, formerly a pitcher in the Boston Red Sox organization.
- "Thunderbolts official web site". Retrieved 2008-04-22.
- "Big Train CRSCBL Announcement". Retrieved 2008-03-29.
- "CRSCBL Archives". Retrieved 2008-03-29.