Silvia Tcherassi is a Miami-based, Latin American fashion designer, born in Barranquilla, Colombia. She has been described as "revolutionizing the Latin American fashion scene in a definitive way." Elle has described her dresses as "tempting". She once said, "My creations are absolutely designed to serve a woman, from 18 to 50 years old."  Her collections have been showcased in the catwalks of Milan and Paris fashion weeks.  
Her style has been defined by the Dizionario della Moda as eclectic, her clothes, as having the delicateness of a ballet dancer, while at the same time, the strength of a rock star. Her prêt-à-porter gave rise to the concept of demi-couture while her wedding gowns have become the perfect vehicle for her creative talent; recognized by the invitation to have one of her pieces at the “Unbridaled: The Marriage of Tradition and Avant Garde” exhibition in Paris. Her approach to fashion has made her deserving of important international recognition, including her receipt of the prestigious designation of “Chevalier de l’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres” by the French Government; an honor bestowed on leaders of the international arts community for their “contribution and commitment to cultural service.”
- "Profiles: Silvia Tcherassi". Explore, TACA Airlines. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- Elle. Elle Pub. Co. 1 January 2004. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- Woods, Sarah (17 July 2008). Colombia. Bradt Travel Guides. p. 362. ISBN 978-1-84162-242-2. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- Cañón, Héctor (2008). Récords y hazañas de colombianos. Editorial Norma. p. 132. ISBN 978-958-45-1525-4. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- Textile Asia. Business Press. 1996. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- Nielsen Business Media, Inc. (30 July 2005). Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. p. 66. ISSN 00062510. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- Soraya (17 September 2007). Soraya: A Life of Music, a Legacy of Hope. John Wiley and Sons. p. 156. ISBN 978-0-470-17127-1. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- "Tcherassi Hotel + Spa - Overview". Luxe Hotels. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- New York. New York Magazine Co. March 2010. p. 56. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- Obando, Juan Carlos (April 2005), Silvia Tcherassi (in Spanish), Villegas Asociados, ISBN 978-958-8156-16-3
|This Colombian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to fashion is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|