|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Founder(s)||Or Offer, Nir Cohen|
|Industry||Advertising, Information technology|
|Slogan(s)||Love Your Competitors|
|Type of site||Web traffic and ranking|
Type of site
|Written in||Apache Hadoop|
|1,483 (February 2015[update])|
SimilarWeb Ltd (formerly SimilarGroup) is an information technology company founded in March 2009 by Or Offer. From its headquarters in London, U.K., SimilarWeb provides services in web analytics, data mining and business intelligence for international corporations. Through its main platform called SimilarWeb, it uses big data technologies to collect, measure, analyze and provide user engagement statistics for websites and mobile apps.
Or Offer founded SimilarWeb with Nir Cohen on March 3, 2009 in Tel-Aviv, Israel. Later the company moved its headquarters to London, U.K. On May 31, 2010 the company raised $1.1 million in a series A round of investment led by Yossi Vardi, International Management, Liron Rose and Omer Kaplan. On January 29-th, 2013 company raised another $2.5 and closed an additional $3.5 million extension to its Series B round on September 24 led by David Alliance, Moshe Lichtman and participation of existing investor Docor International Management. On the 24th of February 2014 South Africa media giant Naspers invested $18 million of funding in a Series C into SimilarWeb. Less than a month after SimilarWeb used a part of the capital for acquisition of Israeli early-stage company TapDog for a few million dollars in shares and cash, less than a year after it was founded. Company's most notable clients include PayPal, eBay Inc., Flipkart, Adidas and others.
- "Or Offer-Person Overview". CrunchBase. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- "Or Offer interview on Startup Camel". Sturtup Camel. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- Buchuk, Daniel. "Introducing SimilarWeb!". Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- "SimilarWeb.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved August 3, 2014.
- "SimilarWeb organization". CrunchBase. Retrieved 3 August 2014.
- "CEO profile". CrunchBase. Retrieved 3 August 2014.
- Mike Shields (May 23, 2014). "Why Lower Rated Broadcast Comedies Like NBC’s Community Are Hits on Hulu". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- "Series A funding". TechCrunch. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "Series B funding". CrunchBase. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "Series B additional funding". CrunchBase. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "Docor International Management". VentureDeal. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "Sries C funding". CrunchBase. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "TapDog Acquisition". Globes Inc. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- Chaffrey, Dave. "A new online competitive intelligence tool". Smart Insights. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- "SimilarWeb APIs: unveiling the story behind every website on the internet". 3scale. Retrieved 18 August 2014.