|Full name||Simon Alexander Angell|
|Born||12 November 1970|
|Height||194 cm (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||110 kg (17 st 5 lb)|
|1996–1997||Salford City Reds||6|
Angell was then signed to the Auckland Warriors in 1995 but did not play in the first grade team. He signed with the Featherstone Rovers for the 1995/96 season but in February 1996 Featherstone had to cut his contract as a cost-cutting measure. Angell played the rest of the 1996 season with the Salford City Reds and remained there for 1997.
He then returned to Canterbury and resumed his provincial representative career. In 1998 he played for the Tasman Orcas as an import player while playing for the Hornby Panthers in the Canterbury Rugby League.
Angell was named in the touring squad for the 1993 New Zealand Kiwis tour of Great Britain and France, however Angell did not play a test while on tour. He did however wear the Kiwis colours on several tour matches and is Kiwi number 651.
- Smith, Tony (30 May 2009). "Nothing better than bettering Auckland". The Press. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- Bruce Montgomerie Those Who Played, Montgomerie Publishing, 2004. ISBN 0646434071
- Lion Red Rugby League Annual 1994, New Zealand Rugby Football League, 1994. p.133
- Dave Hadfield Kiwi trio pay price in cost cutting The Independent, 22 February 1996
- ANGELL, Simon Alexander - 1993 nzleague.co.nz
- John Coffey Old hand and rookie strengthen Canty ranks The Press, 30 August 1997
- New Zealand Rugby League Annual '98, New Zealand Rugby Football League, 1998. p.141
- South Perth Lions make easy prey of Bulldogs rleague.com, 12 May 2003
- Coffey and Wood The Kiwis: 100 Years of International Rugby League ISBN 1-86971-090-8. p.334.