Simon Bucher-Jones (born Simon Jones, 6 September 1964) is an author, poet and amateur actor. He is best known for his Doctor Who novels for Virgin and BBC and as a contributor to the Faction Paradox spin-off series.
Jones was born in Liverpool. He is known for a hard SF approach. He has written Cthulhu Mythos short stories and reviewed books for the Fortean Times and for small press papers. His poetry has appeared in the Journal of the British Fantasy Society.
- Novel The Death of Art (Virgin 1996) (Seventh Doctor, Roz, Chris Cwej)
- Novel Ghost Devices (Virgin 1997) (Bernice Summerfield)
- Short story War Crimes in Short Trips (BBC 1998)
- Novel The Taking of Planet 5 (BBC 1999) (Eighth Doctor, Fitz, Compassion; written with Mark Clapham)
- Novel Grimm Reality (BBC 2001) (Eighth Doctor, Fitz, Anji; written with Kelly Hale)
- Short story The Thousand Years Of Christmas in The History of Christmas (Big Finish 2005)
- Short story The Painting On The Stair in the Bernice Summerfield collection Collected Works (Big Finish 2006)
- The Book of the War (2002) (contributor) While the entries in The Book of The War are anonymous it is known that Simon Bucher-Jones wrote more words in it than any other single contributor after editor Lawrence Miles.
- Short story After The Velvet Aeon in Burning with Optimism's Flames (Obverse Books 2012)
- Short story Double Trouble At The Parasites On The Proletariat Club in More Tales Of The City (Obverse Books 2013)
- Novel The Brakespeare Voyage Faction Paradox (Obverse Books 2013) (With Jonathan Dennis)
- Short story Riviera Showdown in Iris: Abroad (Obverse Books 2011)
- Short story Her and Allan in Wildthyme in Purple (Obverse Books 2011)
- Short story Iris : Chess Mistress of Mars in Iris Wildthyme on Mars (Obverse Books 2014)
Self-Published by Pantechnikon Press
- Godzilla In East Anglia, a collection of poetry available via Lulu and Kindle (2010).
- The Temple Of Dagon, written in 2004 for the proposed Chaosium anthology The Dagon Cycle, now available as an ebook via Kindle (2013).
- "Le Roi de Jaune - THE KING IN YELLOW - a full French and English text of the cursed play with scholarly introduction, essays, and annotations" (Hardback, and Paperback versions now available Lulu 2015)
- The Gospel of Eibon (2015) (forthcoming)
Non-series, novels and stories
- "The Ghost of Christmas Sideways" (2012) (In Resurrection Engines: Steampunk Anthology edited by Scott Harrison)
- Harlic - A Story Of A Grey Seal in Storyteller (2013) (contributor)
Cthulhu Mythos and other horror work
- (with James Ambeuhl) The Case of the Curiously Competent Conjuror in the collection Lin Carter's Anton Zarnak, Supernatural Sleuth.
- Some Thoughts On The Problem Of Order in the collection Hardboiled Cthulhu.
- Things To Do In Pornutopia When You're Dead, a comic strip in Violent #13, [Simon Bucher-Jones writer].
Charity and/or fan publications
- At the Academy in Drabble Who (1993)
- The Big Cat in The Cat Who Walked Through Time (2000)
- In the "Days of the 'Days of the Days of Our Lives'"' in Missing Pieces (2001)
- Tempus Fugit written with James Ambeuhl in Missing Pieces (2001)
- At the Beach in Lifedeath (2001)
- The Pulp Of The Black Lotus in Walking In Eternity (2001)
- Dial M for Metaphysics in the Craig Hinton memorial Fanthology Shelf Life (2008)
- Two Poems in Shooty Dog Thing: 2th & Claw (2011)
- Mr Kitling's Cakes, written in 2005 for the proposed charity fanthology The Cat Who Walked Through Time II. It is a sequel to *The Big Cat*.
- Passin' Through Judgement, written in 2005 for the proposed anthology Tales Of The Outre West.
The collections for which these stories were written never saw print. The stories are available to read on Simon Bucher-Jones' blog, and he is open to re-print offers.
Charity or amateur theatrical performances
- Jacob in Joseph (St Michael's Church 2007)
- The Slave Seller in Sinbad the Sailor (2008)
- The Stage Manager in Little Dead Riding Hood (2008)
- King Rattle in Dick Whittington Goes West (2009)
- Mister Shock in Robinson Crusoe: A Space Oddity (2010)
- Asbad: King of Thieves in Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves (2011)
- Gary: the Nymph in Babez in the Wood (2012)
- Guy of Gisborne in Little Red Riding Hood (2013)
- Abanazar in Aladdin in Old London Town (2014)
- Humphrey, and Minion/Chorus in Jack and the Beanstalk (2015)