Simon Bucher-Jones (born Simon Jones, 6 September 1964) is an author, poet and amateur actor. He is best known for his Doctor Who novels for Virgin and BBC and as a contributor to the Faction Paradox spin-off series.
Jones was born in Liverpool. He is known for a hard SF approach. He has written Cthulhu Mythos short stories and reviewed books for the Fortean Times and for small press papers. His poetry has appeared in the Journal of the British Fantasy Society.
- 1 Doctor Who and related novels for Virgin
- 2 Doctor Who novels and other material for BBC
- 3 Faction Paradox
- 4 Doctor Who work for Big Finish
- 5 Unpublished
- 6 Self-Published by Pantechnikon Press
- 7 Obverse Books
- 8 Nonseries, novels and stories
- 9 Cthulhu Mythos and other horror work
- 10 Charity and/or fan publications
- 11 Charity or amateur theatrical performances
- 12 External links
- The Death of Art (1996) (Seventh Doctor, Roz, Chris Cwej)
- Ghost Devices (1997) (Bernice Summerfield)
Doctor Who novels and other material for BBC
- short story War Crimes in BBC short story collection Short Trips (1998)
- The Taking of Planet 5 (1999) (Eighth Doctor, Fitz, Compassion; written with Mark Clapham)
- Grimm Reality (2001) (Eighth Doctor, Fitz, Anji; written with Kelly Hale)
- The Book of the War (2002) (contributor) While the entries in The Book of The War are anonymous it is known that Simon Bucher-Jones wrote more words in it than any other single contributor after editor Lawrence Miles.
Doctor Who work for Big Finish
- Short story The Thousand Years Of Christmas in the collection The History of Christmas (2005)
- Short story The Painting On The Stair in the Bernice Summerfield collection Collected Works (2006)
- Mr Kitling's Cakes, written in 2005 for the proposed charity fanthology The Cat Who Walked Through Time II. It is a sequel to *The Big Cat*.
- Passin' Through Judgement, written in 2005 for the proposed anthology Tales Of The Outre West.
The collections for which these stories were written now seem unlikely to see print. The stories are available to read on Simon Bucher-Jones' blog, and he is open to re-print offers.
Self-Published by Pantechnikon Press
- Godzilla In East Anglia, a collection of poetry available via Lulu and Kindle (2010).
- The Temple Of Dagon, written in 2004 for the proposed Chaosium anthology The Dagon Cycle,now available as an ebook via Kindle (2013).
- "Le Roi de Jaune"(2014) (forthcoming)
- The Gospel of Eibon (2015) (forthcoming)
- Riviera Showdown in Iris: Abroad (2011) (contributor)
- Her and Allan in Wildthyme in Purple (2011) (contributor)
- After The Velvet Aeon in Burning with Optimism's Flames (2012) (contributor)
- Double Trouble At The Parasites On The Proletariat Club in More Tales Of The City (2013) (contributor)
- Harlic - A Story Of A Grey Seal in Storyteller (2013) (contributor)
- The Brakespeare Voyage Faction Paradox (Obverse Books) (2013) (Novel with Jonathan Dennis)
- Iris : Chess Mistress of Mars in Iris Wildthyme on Mars (2014) (contributor) FORTHCOMING.
Nonseries, novels and stories
- "The Ghost of Christmas Sideways" (2012) (In Resurrection Engines: Steampunk Anthology edited by Scott Harrison)
Cthulhu Mythos and other horror work
- (with James Ambeuhl) The Case of the Curiously Competent Conjuror in the collection Lin Carter's Anton Zarnak, Supernatural Sleuth.
- Some Thoughts On The Problem Of Order in the collection Hardboiled Cthulhu.
- Things To Do In Pornutopia When You're Dead, a comic strip in Violent #13, now available [Simon Bucher-Jones writer].
Charity and/or fan publications
- In the "Days of the 'Days of the Days of Our Lives'"' in Missing Pieces
- Tempus Fugit written with James Ambeuhl in Missing Pieces
- The Big Cat in The Cat Who Walked Through Time
- At the Beach in Lifedeath
- The Pulp Of The Black Lotus in Walking In Eternity
- At the Academy in Drabble Who
- Dial M for Metaphysics in the Craig Hinton memorial Fanthology Shelf Life (2008)
- Two Poems in Shooty Dog Thing: 2th & Claw (2011)
Charity or amateur theatrical performances
- Jacob in Joseph (St Michael's Church 2007)
- The Slave Seller in Sinbad the Sailor (2008)
- The Stage Manager in Little Dead Riding Hood (2008)
- King Rattle in Dick Whittington Goes West (2009)
- Mister Shock in Robinson Crusoe: A Space Oddity (2010)
- Asbad: King of Thieves in Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves (2011)
- Gary: the Nymph in Babez in the Wood (2012)
- Guy of Gisborne in Little Red Riding Hood (2013)
- Abanazar in Aladdin in Old London Town (2014)