|Sir Simon Campbell|
|Born||Simon Fraser Campbell
March 27, 1941
|Alma mater||University of Birmingham (BSc, PhD)|
|Thesis||Elimination processes in polyfluorocycloalkanes (1966)|
He has led innovative research, discovering some of the world's best-selling prescription drugs. He was visiting lecturer at Universidade de São Paulo. He was a medicinal chemist for Pfizer. He was visiting professor at University of Leeds, and on the advisory board of University of Kent, and University of Bristol.
Awards and honours
- Campbell, S (2006). "Simon Campbell CBE, FMed Sci, FRS. Interview by Joanna Owens". Nature Reviews Drug Discovery 5 (8): 626. doi:10.1038/nrd2116. PMID 16918018.
- Simon Campbell C.B.E F.R.S Ph.D. "Astex Therapeutics Limited: Private Company Information - BusinessWeek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2011-12-01.
- "Dr Simon Campbell, CBE, FRS, FMedSci Authorised Biography – Debrett’s People of Today, Dr Simon Campbell, CBE, FRS, FMedSci Profile". Debretts.com. 1941-03-27. Retrieved 2011-12-01.
- The London Gazette: . 31 December 2014.
- 2015 New Year Honours List