25 November 1961|
|Other names||Simon Fisher Becker|
|Years active||1992 to present|
Simon Fisher-Becker (born 25 November 1961) is an English stage, television and film actor, specialising in comedy and character parts. His more notable roles include The Fat Friar in the Harry Potter film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, and Dorium Maldovar in series 5 and 6 of Doctor Who.
A versatile character actor, Fisher-Becker's work has covered a wide spectrum, from Shakespeare to panto', film, television, radio and theatre.
He was born at Paddington General Hospital and raised by his grandparents in Ruislip. He left school after A-levels and joined the Civil Service, while taking a degree in Business Administration. He then attended Drama College. Denholm Elliott was his mentor.
He was a committee member of 'Actors and Writers London', previously Hammersmith Actors and Writers Group -- HAWG, of which he was chair from 2000 to 2004, and is a co-founder of the 'Tilt-Yard Theatre Company' which presents new writing and adaptations of established classics.
In March 2009, Fisher-Becker was a victim of crime - he was attacked at a petrol station by three youths and beaten badly. He was left with permanent damage to his spine (vertibrae C4-T2) and a damaged knee, which is why he now walks with a stick. The attack meant that he was still recovering from his injuries in December 2009 and therefore did not appear in Panto. As a result, he was available for the casting to play 'Dorium Maldovar' in Doctor Who.
In 2012 he joined the ever growing cast of Doctor Who : Second Life. While the production was created by fans & lovers of Doctor Who, it remains non-for-profit and a love letter for fans. Simon kindly agreed to voice a character simply known as "Time Lord in White" in the first episode of "Secrets of Earth". His scene is only a few mins, but it has become popular in fan circles as a number of people ask him about the role. The character will be explored further during the series run revealing his true identity in the finale. The character is directly involved in the reveal of the Secret but Simon does not know what it is yet. Another Time Lord known as "Time Lord in Black" refereed to him as "Doctor". He will appear as the main villain in Doctor Who-The 11 doctors: A work of art, a fan production written by Thomas Banks and Ronan Goron for the YouTube channel "Drwhofanindatardis" It will star Chris Eden who will voice the 11th Doctor, Chris also voiced the character in the popular action figure adventure "Escape from the insanity pit" It will also guest star Matthew Toffolo from the "Batmanmarch" channel as the 8th Doctor Simon has made guest appearances for Big Finish. Gallifrey V is due for release in February 2013 Going Down - an Iris Wildthyme story is due for release in August 2013
- An Ungentlemanly Act (1992) as Prisoner
- One Foot in the Grave (1 episode, 1993) as Magician
- Doctors (1 episode, 2001) as Cyril Wilson
- Love Soup (1 episode, 2005) as Horatio
- Afterlife (1 episode, 2006) as Mini-cab driver
- Doctor Who (3 episodes & a prequel, 2010–2011) as Dorium Maldovar
- Doctor Who Confidential (1 episode, 2011) as Himself
- Getting On (ep 3, 2012) as Stephen Ferris
- Waterside (2012) as Dante Harper
- Gay Boys (2012) as Mr Fitz-Hubbard, The Pope & Malcolm
- 3some Webseries (2013) as Roger
- Arrivederci Millwall (1990) as Shop Manager
- Beg! (1994) as Dr. Farth
- Sweet Thing (1999) as Klaus
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001) as The Fat Friar
- Chakan, the Forever Man (2012) as Ethan Scott
- Rise of the Euphonious Angel (2012) as Dante
Big Finish - Gallifrey V - (2013) Big Finish - Irish Wildthyme 'Going Down' - (2013) Cog Work Productions
- Cog Work Pro. Doctor Who - Out Of Time 'The Voice' (2013)
- Morgan Jeffery, (September 23, 2011). "'Doctor Who' actor Simon Fisher-Becker joins 'Game of Thrones'". Digital Spy. Retrieved September 30, 2011.
- Rise of the Euphonious Angel Official Premiere Event Page
- SIMON FISHER-BECKER interview | YouTube
- Ryan Hennessey (creator of audio) Facebook status
- Doctor Who: The Curse of the Sleepy Hollow Facebook event page