|Simon Fisher-Becker, Viscount of William & Mona|
25 November 1961|
|Other names||Simon Fisher Becker|
|Years active||1987 to present|
Simon Fisher-Becker, Viscount of William & Mona (born 25 November 1961) is an English stage, television and film actor, specialising in comedy and character parts. His more notable roles include The Fat Friar in the Harry Potter film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, and Dorium Maldovar in series 5 and 6 of Doctor Who.
A versatile character actor, Fisher-Becker's work has covered a wide spectrum, from Shakespeare to panto', film, television, radio and theatre.
He was born at Paddington General Hospital and raised by his grandparents in Ruislip. He left school after A-levels and joined the Civil Service, while taking a degree in Business Administration. He then attended Drama College. Denholm Elliott was his mentor.
He was a committee member of 'Actors and Writers London', previously Hammersmith Actors and Writers Group -- HAWG, of which he was chair from 2000 to 2004, and is a co-founder of the 'Tilt-Yard Theatre Company' which presents new writing and adaptations of established classics.
In March 2009, Fisher-Becker was a victim of crime - he was attacked at a petrol station by three youths and beaten badly. He was left with permanent damage to his spine (vertibrae C4-T2) and a damaged knee, which is why he now walks with a stick. The attack meant that he was still recovering from his injuries in December 2009 and therefore did not appear in Panto. As a result, he was available for the casting to play 'Dorium Maldovar' in Doctor Who.
In 2014 Simon joins, Joanna Scanlan, Vicki Pepperdine, Sanjeev Bashkar and Tobias Menzies in the new Comedy PUPPY LOVE for the BBC.
- An Ungentlemanly Act (1992) as Prisoner
- One Foot in the Grave (1 episode, 1993) as Magician
- Doctors (1 episode, 2001) as Cyril Wilson
- Love Soup (1 episode, 2005) as Horatio
- Afterlife (1 episode, 2006) as Mini-cab driver
- Doctor Who (3 episodes & a prequel, 2010–2011) as Dorium Maldovar
- Doctor Who Confidential (1 episode, 2011) as Himself
- Getting On (ep 3, 2012) as Stephen Ferris
- Waterside (2012) as Dante Harper
- Gay Boys (2012) as Mr Fitz-Hubbard, The Pope & Malcolm
- 3some Webseries (2013) as Roger
Puppy Love (2014) as Tony Fazackerley
- Arrivederci Millwall (1990) as Shop Manager
- Beg! (1994) as Dr. Farth
- Sweet Thing (1999) as Klaus
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001) as The Fat Friar
- Chakan, the Forever Man (2012) as Ethan Scott
- Rise of the Euphonious Angel (2012) as Dante
- Doctor Who: The Curse of Sleepy Hollow (2013) as Father Hardwood (fan adventure)
- Big Finish - Gallifrey V - (2013)
- Big Finish - Irish Wildthyme 'Going Down' - (2013)
- Cog Work Pro. Doctor Who - Out Of Time 'The Voice' (2013)
- Illusionist Productions' Doctor Who: Tales of Mystery & Imagination (2 episodes, 2014) as Mr. Dike
- Morgan Jeffery, (September 23, 2011). "'Doctor Who' actor Simon Fisher-Becker joins 'Game of Thrones'". Digital Spy. Retrieved September 30, 2011.
- Rise of the Euphonious Angel Official Premiere Event Page
- SIMON FISHER-BECKER interview | YouTube
- Ryan Hennessey (creator of audio) Facebook status
- Doctor Who: The Curse of the Sleepy Hollow Facebook event page
- | Tales of Mystery & Imagination - Episode 4 "Hickory Banes vs the Daleks"