Simon Fowler (photographer)
Simon Fowler (born Simon. R. Fowler in 1954) is an English photographer/director, known for his work with many singers and bands.
Early life and career
Fowler was born in Hastings. After completing an Art Foundation course at High Wycombe College of Art and Technology he then studied photography at Amersham College of Art and Technology. In 1974 he got his first job as a darkroom assistant at London Features International  a photographic syndication agency founded in 1971 by businessman John Halsall and photographer Mike Putland. Putland left LFI in 1976 to start the RETNA. agency  At around the same time Fowler left working out of his own B/W portrait studio in Henley-on-Thames.
In 1978/9 he went into partnership with fellow photographer and LFI employee, Paul Cox, initially working from a small office at LFI's Baker Street studios in return for their syndication rights. Specialising in music photography, they worked under the name of SLAG (Studio,Location and Gigs,) in keeping with the current anti- establishment Punk movement. They later moved premises to Bow Street Studios under The Royal Opera House Covent Garden and then to Fulham via Chester Square Belgravia.
By 1986, having gone their separate ways Fowler and Cox were part of the dream team on the design side of the PWL empire, Pete Waterman's production company, photographing Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan and Rick Astley. 
At the time Fowler had moved in alongside Design Consultancy Stylorouge in Paddington for several years, his other clients included Boy George, Spandau Ballet, Iron Maiden, Toyah, Howard Jones, Paul Young, and Wet Wet Wet, many images finding their way onto the pages of Smash Hits, but in the case of Wet Wet Wet, for the first time the band allowed a photographer exclusive and uninhibited access on tour. The result is a book that combines the most spectacular and most intimate shots, in a blend of vibrant colour and powerful black and whites.
In 1993 he began a long working relationship with actress and singer Sarah Brightman, seeing him moving into directing with a TV commercial and promo for her 2008 album Symphony. He went on to photograph a number of other classical artists including Lesley Garrett,  Katherine Jenkins  and Elina Garanca  His clientele continues to be diverse including jazz singer/pianist Jamie Cullum,  Irish musician Enya, Coleen Rooney and Thom Yorke. 
Fowler lives in Surrey with his wife Karen and three children. His eldest son, Beau Fowler, is a film director/actor/writer, daughter Francesca Fowler is an actress/writer and youngest son Max Fowler is an actor.
- "simon fowler - Photographer Biography, Photography". photo.net. 2009-08-28. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- "Iconic Rock Star Photo Images by Michael Putland". Rockarchive.com. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- "Dreamscape • Toyah Gallery • 1981". Toyah.net. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- "Howard Jones-1985 B&w Publicity Photo 2 [Simon Fowler] - Photo Detail". Elektra60.com. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- "Stylorouge 25 Years". Stylorouge.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- Picture This, Wet Wet Wet, The Official Book, ISBN 1852275332, published by Virgin Books
- "Stylorouge Creative Design Consultancy - Design Company - Graphic Design - Art Direction - Music Design". Stylorouge.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- "Welcome to the Lesley Garrett Gallery". Lesleygarrett.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- Molly Watson, Western Mail (2005-09-10). "Katherine's incredibly natural, when she smiles, it's quite true - Wales News - News". WalesOnline. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- "Elīna Garanča| Photo Session / Simon Fowler / Virgin Classics". Elinagaranca.com. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- "Jamie Cullum — Jazz Artists". Jazztimes.com. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- "Simon Fowler | Photography". Simonfowlerphotography.com. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- "News". Ki Films. Retrieved 2011-01-31.