Simon Harris (politician)
17 December 1986 |
|Political party||Fine Gael|
Before his election to the Dáil, he served on Wicklow County Council, having been elected in June 2009 with the highest percentage vote of any County Councillor in Ireland. He was also a member of Greystones Town Council.
As a County Councillor, Harris served as Chairperson of the County Wicklow Joint Policing Committee and Chairperson of the HSE Regional Health Forum. He was a member of Wicklow County Council's Housing Strategic Policy Committee and Wicklow Vocational Educational Committee.
He is a member of the Oireachtas cross party group on Mental Health and introduced the Mental Health (Anti Discrimination) Bill 2013 in June 2013.
- "Mr. Simon Harris". Oireachtas Members Database. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- Collins, Stephen (2011). Nealon's Guide to the 31st Dáil and 24th Seanad. Dublin: Gill & Macmillan. p. 185. ISBN 9780717150595.
- "Simon Harris". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Meet your 76 new TDs". RTÉ News. 9 March 2011.
- "Public Accounts Committee - Membership". Houses of the Oireachtas. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform - Membership". Houses of the Oireachtas. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
|Fine Gael Teachta Dála for Wicklow