|Born||30 September 1980|
|Genres||Jazz, alternative rock, folk rock|
|Instruments||Bass Guitar, double bass|
|Associated acts||The Divine Comedy
The Duckworth Lewis Method
A Girl Called Eddy
|Warwick Triumph Bass|
A graduate of the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London, Little joined The Divine Comedy in 2002 and is still a regular member of the band. He has since toured and recorded with The Duckworth Lewis Method, Clare Teal, Duke Special, Maggie Reilly, A Girl Called Eddy and Chris Difford. As a jazz bass player he plays regularly with Ian Shaw, Lea DeLaria, Symeon Cosburn, and Nina Ferro. Little has also played with Nick Cave and Ben Folds.
Little released a solo bass album Mandala in 2010, where he uses live looping to create ambient soundscapes. He released a second solo album called "The Knowledge of Things To Come" in 2011, following the "Rejectamenta EP" which featured five additional tracks from the Knowledge sessions, and an acoustic album "[un]plugged" in 2012. An improvised trio album "Foreground Music, Vol. I" was released in 2012 with pianist Jez Carr and Iona saxophonist Mike Haughton.
- "Foreground Music, Vol. I" (2012) Jez Carr, Simon Little & Mike Haughton
- "Sticky Wickets" (2013) The Duckworth Lewis Method
- "The Jazz Cookbook" (2013) Frankie Lewis
- "Greatest Video Game Music 2" (2012) the London Philharmonic Orchestra
- "Dirk Gently: Original Television Soundtrack" (2012) Daniel Pemberton
- "Jing, Jing-A-Ling" (2013) Clare Teal
- "[un]plugged" (2012)
- "Oh Pioneer" (2012) Duke Special
- "The Knowledge of Things To Come" (2011)
- "Rejectamenta EP" (2011)
- "Hey Ho" (2011) Clare Teal
- Mandala (2010)
- Mother Courage & Her Children (2010) Duke Special
- Be a Santa (2010) Lea DeLaria
- Bang Goes the Knighthood (2010) The Divine Comedy
- Clare Teal Live at Ebenezer Chapel (2009) Clare Teal
- What A Woman Shouldn't Do (2008) Julie McKee
- Get Happy (2008) Clare Teal
- The Last Temptation of Chris (2008) Chris Difford
- Paradisi Carousel (2007) Clare Teal
- Victory for the Comic Muse (2006) The Divine Comedy
- Drawn To All Things (2006) Ian Shaw
- Rowan (2006) Maggie Reilly
- South East Side Story (2006) Chris Difford
- Breakfast with the Blues (2006) Symeon Cosburn
- Whatever It Takes (2006) Jai Cavill
- Absent Friends (2004) The Divine Comedy
- Live at the London Palladium (DVD 2004) The Divine Comedy
- Vollmilch 2004 - Das war Haldern (2004) with The Divine Comedy
- Just In Time (2004) Esther Bennett
- "Clare Teal". Clareteal.co.uk. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "Duckworth Lewis Method". Dlmethod.co.uk. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "Take Five with Simon Little". All About Jazz. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "Simonlittlebass.com". Simon Little. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "Review: Simon Little’s “Mandala”". No Treble. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "Music.simonlittlebass.com". Simon Little. 10 December 2012. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- Official website
- The Divine Comedy official website
- Clare Teal official website
- All About Jazz review