Simon Nielsen (speedway rider)
|Date of birth||1 October 1990|
|Place of birth||Stenlille, Denmark|
|Current club information|
|British league||Leicester Lions|
|Danish league||Slangerup Speedway Klub|
Plymouth Devils (UK)
Nielsen won 2005 Individual Speedway FIM Youth Gold Trophy 80 cc, unofficial U-16 World Championship.
In 2011 he came to the UK to try to get a team place and got a place in the Workington Comets team towards the end of the season. In December 2011 he was announced as the final member of the 2012 Leicester Lions team in the British Premier League. After an injury early in the season, he showed good form before suffering a broken femur in a crash with team mate Jari Mäkinen on 23 June. Simon re-signed for Leicester Lions for the 2013 Premier League season. In May 2013 he was dropped by the Lions with his place going to Alex Edberg. In June he signed for Plymouth Devils.
- Individual U-19 European Championship
- Team U-19 European Championship
- Team Polish Championship
- Świat Żużla, No 1 (77) 2009, pages 44-45, ISSN 1429-3285
- www.speedway.com.pl. Retrieved on 2009-08-05.
- "Simon Nielsen zwycięża w Złotym Trofeum FIM" (in Polish). moto.Gorzow.pl. 2005-07-17. Retrieved 2009-08-05.
- "Lions Sign Final Member", Speedway365, 8 December 2011, retrieved 2011-12-09
- "Nielsen Breaks Femur", speedwaygb.co, 24 June 2012, retrieved 2012-06-24
- Official website (in Danish)
|This biographical article related to Danish sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to speedway is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|