Simon de Montfort
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Simon de Montfort or Simon de Montford may refer to:
- Simon I de Montfort (c. 1025–1087), French nobleman, progenitor of the following:
- Simon II de Montfort (c. 1068-1104)
- Simon III de Montfort (c.
- Simon de Montfort, 5th Earl of Leicester (Simon V de Montfort), (1160–1218), French nobleman, achieved prominence in the Fourth Crusade and in the Albigensian Crusade
- Simon de Montfort, 6th Earl of Leicester (Simon VI de Montfort), (1208–1265), son of the 5th Earl, a powerful English baron, led a revolt against King Henry III of England, called the first elected parliament
- Simon VI de Montfort "the younger" (1240-1271), second son of the 6th Earl
- Simon de Montford English nobleman executed in 1495, unrelated to the above.
|This disambiguation page lists articles about people with the same name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.|