|Born||June 9, 1972
London, United Kingdom
|Education||University College London|
|Occupation||Television and radio journalist|
|Notable credit(s)||Co-Host LateNLive on (Capital Radio)
A Place in the Sun (Channel 4)
Anchor Breakfast News (ITV Granada)
Correspondent for OK! TV (Channel 5)
(2010 - 2011)
Regular appearances on Lifechangers (The CW Television Network)
Co-host of Loveline (Dial Global) (2011 - 2012)
Co-host on Playboy Radio
Weekly guest on Jane Velez Mitchell (HLN) (2013-present)
|Spouse(s)||Simon Mon Jack 2000-2001|
Simone Bienne is a British journalist, relationship therapist and media personality She is a former co-host of Loveline and featured therapist on Lifechangers and Rehab with Drew Pinsky. She co-hosts Hooking Up on Playboy Radio and is a weekly expert in The Lion's Den on Jane Velez Mitchell.
Formerly a model, she trained as a journalist and news anchor. She was educated in Manchester and graduated with honors from the University of Manchester with a Bachelors in Politics and History, and later earned a DipHE in Broadcast Journalism from University College London. She is accredited in the United Kingdom by the College of Sex and Relationship Therapy and in the United States by the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists and the Society of the Scientific Study of Sexuality.
She became a newscaster for Granada TV. She has been a correspondent for OK!TV, hosted Channel 4's A Place in the Sun and co-hosted Secrets of Magic on BBC1 and I Really Fancy You for ITV2. Bienne has been a presenter of multicultural programming and was nominated for a Royal Television Society award. Since moving to the United States in 2011, Bienne has been a featured Lifechanger on Extra and on Lifechangers with Drew Pinsky on CW which was cancelled in 2012. On Rehab, a spin off from Celebrity Rehab for VH1 Bienne counseled recovering female addicts. She makes appearances on Dr.Drew on Call on HLN In 2012 Bienne was a regular guest on the now cancelled Ricki Lake show for Fox and as a panelist for Jeff Probst's talk show for CBS. In 2013 Bienne appeared with Travis Lane Stork on a Valentine's special of The Doctors. Bienne appears as an occasional expert on CNN Anderson Cooper 360, Don Lemon Weekend and Don Lemon Late Night Newshour and appears weekly as a behavior expert on Jane Velez Mitchell on HLN.
In England Bienne has been a co-host on the now cancelled late night radio talk show Late N Live on Capital Radio and reported on theChris Tarrant Breakfast Show. In America, she has been a co-host of Loveline with Drew Pinsky. Since 2013 Bienne co-hosts Hooking Up on Playboy Radio. She is a frequent guest on Dr Drew's podcast on network PodcastOne.
Bienne has been an advise columnist (Agony Aunt) for Rupert Murdoch's sky.com, and sex columnist for the now shut down Conde Nast Easy Living magazine and was a co-columnist with Grub Smith for men's magazine Arena. Bienne hosted a vlog series for the now closed down red top British Sunday newspaper The News of The World. Simone’s Ask Simone column in Asian Woman Magazine ran for 8 years.
Sex and relationship therapist
Bienne received training in psychotherapy and is accredited in the United Kingdom by the College of Sex and Relationship Therapy and in the United States is a Professional Member of the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists and the Society of the Scientific Study of Sexuality.
Bienne was part of Kids In The Middle, a coalition of British Agony Aunts, who advised the British Government on future policy in a family and relationship green paper, to bring back into focus the need to engage with family relationships in all services. She was voted one of America’s top 10 dating experts by datingadvice.com
Bienne was born in London to an Indian doctor and Swiss fashion designer. She married director Simon Monjack in November 2001, but separated from him five months later, finalizing the divorce in 2006. She successfully sued him in 2007 for $63,000 that he was supposed to have paid her in the divorce.
- Palaniappan, P. "50 Beautiful Asian Women in the World", 2 May 2010. Retrieved on 28 June 2014
- "Life Changers". http://www.tvguide.com. Retrieved on 30 June 2014
- "Simone Bienne Joins 'Loveline'". AllAccess.com. 6 December 2011. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "Playboy Radio". http://www.playboyradio.com. Retrieved on 30 June 2014
- "Transcript HLN". http://www.cnn.com. Retrieved on 30 June 2014
- "Sky Bingo Kicks Off 'Love Week' With Celebrity Guests", PR Newswire, London, 13 October 2005. Retrieved on 26 June 2014.
- Lifechangers "Dr. Drew's Lifechangers", TV.com, 19 September 2011. Retrieved on 29 June 2014
- "Playboy Radio", Playboy Radio. Retrieved on 29 June 2014
- "Sex and secrets in the Jodi Arias trial", HLN Jane Velez-Mitchell, 10 January 2013 Retrieved on 29 June 2014.
- "Playboy", Itunes, Retrieved on 30 June 2014
- "Members Directory", College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists. Retrieved on 30 June 2014
- "Secrets of Magic BBC1", ukgameshows.com. Retrieved on 29 June 2014
- "Overall Strategy/Major Themes", Channel 4, 2005. Retrieved on 29 June 2014
- "What Do Women Want?", Dr. Drew on Call, 23 April 2012. Retrieved on 30 June 2014
- "The Ricki Lake Show", MSN Entertainment, 10 April 2012. Retrieved on 29 June 2014
- "The Jeff Probst Show" IMDB, 2012. Retrieved on 29 June 2014
- "Anderson Cooper 360", CNN, 23 July 2013. Retrieved on 30 June 2014
- "Don Lemon Weekend", CNN News room, 27 July 2013. Retrieved on 30 June 2014
- "Don Lemon Late Night", CNN, 21 May 2014. Retrieved on 29 June 2014
- "Jane Velez-Mitchell", CNN, 3 April 2014. Retrieved on 29 June 2014
- "Simone Bienne #31" Podbay FM, 25 March 2013. Retrieved on 29 June 2014
- "Little Rooster" Easy Living Magazine, 18 February 2013. Retrieved on 29 June 2014
- "Simone Bienne" Journalisted, 7 November 2009. Retrieved on 29 June 2014
- "Ask Simone Column" Asian Woman Magazine, 2010. Page 2,4,70. Retrieved on 30 June 2014
- "Members Directory", College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists. Retrieved on 29 June 2014
- "10 Best Women Dating Experts", Datingadvice.com, 13 February 2013. Retrieved on 11 July 2014
- MacIntosh, Jeane (22 December 2012). "Debts and Arrests in Husband's Dark Past". New York Post. Retrieved 22 December 2012.