|Full name||Simone Verdi|
|Date of birth||12 July 1992|
|Place of birth||Broni, Italy|
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Winger, Second striker|
(on loan from Torino)
|2013||→ Juve Stabia (loan)||20||(0)|
|2013–||→ Empoli (loan)||6||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 28 September 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Simone Verdi (born 12 July 1992) is an Italian professional footballer, who plays as a winger for Serie B club Empoli on loan from Torino. He is in a co-ownership deal between Torino and Milan. He is nicknamed Verdinho, as his playing style resembles that of a Brazilian.
Verdi started playing football with amateur club Audax Travacò, before joining Milan at the age of 11. He made his professional debut for the club, aged 17, in a Coppa Italia game against Novara, on 13 January 2010. He then made his second appearance two weeks later, in the quarter-final against Udinese, which Milan lost 0–1. While playing for the under-20 squad, the young striker scored his first goal at the San Siro in the return leg of the Primavera TIM Cup final, on 14 April 2010. Milan went on to win the match 2–0, as Verdi also made an assist, and secured the trophy 3–1 on aggregate.
In May 2010, Milan CEO Adriano Galliani announced that Verdi, along with three other teammates, was expected to join the senior team permanently for the 2010–11 season. Subsequently, Verdi signed his first professional contract with the club. However, he continued playing mainly in the youth team.
At the beginning of the 2011–12 season, Verdi transferred to Serie B club Torino in a co-ownership deal (exchanged with Gianmario Comi). He made his official debut for the club in the first league game of the season, a 2–1 away win against Ascoli, on 27 August 2011.
As of 20 May 2013.
1European competitions include the UEFA Champions League.
2Other tournaments include none to date.
- Maurizio Ferrari (3 August 2010). "Largo ai giovani". milannews.it (in Italian). Retrieved 4 August 2010.
- "Esordienti Provinciali A 2003/2004". acmilan.com (in Italian). Associazione Calcio Milan. Archived from the original on 6 June 2004. Retrieved 16 August 2010.
- "First Pippo, then Mathieu". acmilan.com (Associazione Calcio Milan). 13 January 2010. Retrieved 13 January 2010.[dead link]
- "Bitter elimination". acmilan.com (Associazione Calcio Milan). 27 January 2010. Retrieved 28 January 2010.[dead link]
- This year the youth team are even better! (Web TV production). Associazione Calcio Milan. 19 April 2010. Retrieved 22 April 2010.
- "Il Milan del futuro vola con Verdi e Zigoni". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). 15 April 2010. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- "Berlusconi non-molla, anche se Galliani capisce i tifosi: "Abituati a caviale e champagne"". goal.com (in Italian). 18 May 2010. Retrieved 29 May 2010.
- Pietro Mazzara (13 July 2010). "Milan, Fossati ha firmato e Verdi passa al contratto professionistico". milannews.it (in Italian). Retrieved 4 August 2010.
- Pietro Mazzara (7 July 2010). "Per Verdi si profila una stagione tra Primavera e prima squadra". milannews.it (in Italian). Retrieved 4 August 2010.
- "Official A.C. Milan press release". acmilan.com (Associazione Calcio Milan). 1 July 2011. Retrieved 29 August 2011.
- "Verdi al Toro, Comi al Milan". torinofc.it (in Italian) (Torino Football Club). 30 June 2011. Retrieved 29 August 2011.
- "Ascoli–Torino 1–2". torinofc.it (in Italian) (Torino Football Club). 27 August 2011. Retrieved 29 August 2011.
- "Simone Verdi". figc.it (in Italian). Federazione Italiana Giuoco Calcio. Retrieved 7 December 2010.