Simone van der Vlugt
Simone van der Vlugt (born 15 December 1966) is a Dutch writer, known there for her historical and young adult novels. She has also written for younger children, and adults. Her first crime novel, The Reunion, has recently been published in English.
Van der Vlugt (née Watertor) was born in Hoorn and started writing at an early age, submitting her first manuscript to a publisher at 13 years of age. Her first published novel (The Amulet, 1995, a historical novel) was written while working as a secretary at a bank. She went on to write ten further historical novels for young adults.
In 2004 Van der Vlugt wrote her first crime novel, The Reunion, a psychological suspense thriller. This was followed by five others. As of December 2010[update], The Reunion is her only translated into English.
- 2004 De Reünie (translated as The Reunion, 2009)
- 2005 Schaduwzuster (translated as Shadow Sister, 2011)
- 2007 Het laatste offer (The Final Sacrifice)
- 2008 Blauw water (Blue Water)
- 2009 Herfstlied (Autumn Song)
- 2009 Jacoba, dochter van Holland (Jacoba, daughter of Holland)