|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Key people||Robin Gilkes (Chairman of the Board), Jason Stockwood (CEO), Brad Liebmann (Founder)|
|Products||Business insurance, Shop insurance and Landlord insurance|
|Revenue||£20 million (2011)|
Simply Business is the trading name of Xbridge Ltd. It is the UK's largest online business insurance broker, with 200,000 customers. The company has been featured in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 four times.
Xbridge was founded in 2000 by Brad Liebmann, Ralph Arnold, Deno Fischer and Jim Nelson, who provided £1 million in seed capital. The company experimented with a variety of ventures, including building an online marketplace for lending to small businesses. In 2005, the company chose to specialise in small business insurance under the brand Simply Business, and launched an online quote comparison service. In the same year, the company opened its customer care centre in Northampton. Jason Stockwood, formerly UK and International Managing Director of match.com, joined the company as CEO in May 2010. In 2011, Simply Business signed a white label deal with moneysupermarket.com and became their exclusive provider for business insurance. In the same year, the company adopted the Agile software development methodology. In August 2012, the company celebrated its 200,000th customer. In July 2013 it was announced that the company had completed a management buy-out backed by the private equity firm AnaCap Financial Partners LLP.
The company sells insurance online to small businesses, landlords and shops within the United Kingdom. The insurers on the panel include Aviva, AXA, QBE, Hiscox, Ageas, RSA and Zurich. Simply Business also has its own brands Finsbury and Maltings, which are underwritten by QBE. Key covers are public liability insurance and professional indemnity insurance.
- The company has been featured in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- Winner of 'Best use of Mobile Technology' at the Technology in Insurance Awards 2012.
- Commended for 'Best use of Social Media' at the Technology in Insurance Awards 2012.
- Commended for 'Outstanding Broker Claims Team of the Year' at the Insurance Times UK Claims Excellence Awards 2012.
- Winner of 'Marketing Campaign of the Year' at the UK Broker Awards 2012.
- Winner of 'Most Agile Aware Organisation' at the UK Agile Awards 2011.
- Winner of 'Young Broker of the Year' at the UK Broker Awards 2011.
- "200,000 customers". Simply Business. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- "Sunday Times Tech Track". Fast Track. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- "Company History". Xbridge. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- Dunkley, Daniel (8 March 2011). "Interview - Jason Stockwood: A match made in heaven". Post Magazine (London). Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- Wheal, Chris (22 August 2011). "Simply Business gives Moneysupermarket SME cover". Post Magazine (London). Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- Saran, Cliff (29 May 2012). "CIO interview: Lukas Oberhuber, CTO, Simply Business". Computer Weekly (London). Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- Quinn, James (17 July 2013). "Simply Business management buy-out". The Daily Telegraph (London). Retrieved 2013-07-30.
- "Technology in Insurance Awards 2012". Insurance Times. Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- "UK Claims Excellence Awards". Insurance Times. Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- "Winners of the UK Broker Awards 2012". UK Broker Awards. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- "This year's winners". UK Agile Awards. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- "2011 Winners". UK Broker Awards. Retrieved 2013-03-23.