The Simpsons (season 26)
|The Simpsons (season 26)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Original run||September 28, 2014 –|
|List of The Simpsons episodes|
In this season, Krusty the Clown plans to retire, while in the same episode a notable character will die (Clown in the Dumps); Homer and Bart attempt to solve some father/son conflicts; Marge opens a sandwich franchise (Super Franchise Me); Mr. Burns finds a girlfriend in Democratic Assemblywoman Maxine Lombard (guest voices Nick Offerman and Jane Fonda; The Wreck of the Relationship); Bart schemes to bring down his new teacher, Mr. Lassen (guest voice Willem Dafoe), who is a terrible bully (Blazed and Confused); Homer has a mid-life crisis; and the cast of Futurama will make an appearance in Springfield in a crossover episode (Simpsorama). Additional guest voices for this season will include Nick Offerman, David Hyde Pierce, Jeff Ross and Matthew Sweet.
- The production code refers to the code assigned to the episode by the production team. The first four characters refer to the season the episode was made for; for example, 1F for season five and 2F for season six. The second number is the order in which the episode was produced, which is not necessarily the airing order.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Production
|553||1||"Clown in the Dumps"||TBA||Joel H. Cohen||September 28, 2014||SABF20||TBD|
|Krusty the Clown plans to retire (again). Meanwhile, viewers will find out which character will die.|
|554||2||"The Wreck of the Relationship"||TBA||TBA||October 5, 2014||SABF17||TBD|
Homer and Bart attempt to solve some father/son conflicts. Meanwhile, Mr. Burns finds a girlfriend.Guest stars: Nick Offerman and Jane Fonda
|555||3||"Super Franchise Me"||TBA||TBA||October 12, 2014||SABF19||TBD|
|Marge starts a sandwich restaurant chain.|
|556||4||"Treehouse of Horror XXV"||TBA||TBA||October 19, 2014||SABF21||TBD|
|The twenty-fifth annual Simpsons halloween special includes parodies of Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange and The Others.|
|557||5||"Simpsorama"||TBA||J. Stewart Burns||November 9, 2014||SABF16||TBD|
In a crossover with Futurama, Bender comes back through time to kill Bart because something Bart does will make the future look bad.Guest stars: Billy West, Katey Sagal, John DiMaggio, Phil LaMarr, Maurice LaMarche and Lauren Tom
|558||6||"Blazed and Confused"||TBA||TBA||November 16, 2014||TBA||TBD|
|Willem Dafoe as Mr. Lassen|
|559||7||"I Won't Be Home for Christmas"||TBA||TBA||December 14, 2014||TBA||TBD|
|It will be about the sad side of Christmas.|
|560||8||"The Musk Who Fell to Earth"||TBA||TBA||January 11, 2015||TBA||TBD|
|Elon Musk as Himself|
|561||9||"The Man Who Came to Be Dinner"||David Silverman||TBA||January 18, 2015||RABF15||TBD|
|The Simpsons go to Rigel 7, the home planet of Kang & Kodos.|
|TBA||"Band of Dads"|
|TABF05||"Bart's New Friend"|
|TABF08||"The Princess Guide"|
Confirmed plots and guest stars
||This section possibly contains unsourced predictions, speculative material, or accounts of events that might not occur. (May 2014)|
- In "Clown in the Dumps", one of the characters will die. However, producer Al Jean has ruled out Edna Krabappel, saying it has nothing to do with the real-life death of her voice actress Marcia Wallace, although the character will be retired in Wallace's memory. Before she died, Wallace had completed voice work for most of season 25. One major clue to the death is Hank Azaria has confirmed that none of his characters will be dying. Another clue to the death was provided with Al Jean stating that the character was a 'terrific character' but was not viewed as an 'iconic character'. Jean also confirmed that this episode would be the premiere of season 26.
- In "The Man Who Came to Be Dinner", which is co-written by Al Jean and directed by David Silverman, the Simpsons will go to "an amusement park where the lines for the rides are terrible, except for this one rocket called Journey to Your Future" that takes them to Rigel 7, the home planet of Kang and Kodos. This episode was previously going to air as the finale of Season 24, but was supposed to be moved to Season 25 for unknown reasons. It will now air in January 2015 as part of the 26th season, meaning it is the first episode since season 9's "Simpson Tide" to be held back 2 seasons.
- "Bart's New Friend" is based on a fan script sent in by Judd Apatow in 1990, which is being retooled for airing in season 26. In the episode, Homer goes to a hypnotist and is given the mentality of a ten-year old boy. The hypnotist dies, leaving Homer stuck in the mind of a child. He begins to bond with Bart while in this state, and refuses entry back into the responsibilities of adulthood.
- "Covercraft" is an upcoming episode of season 26 that is set to be the 'very musical' episode after season 9's 'All Singing, All Dancing'.
- An unnamed episode (prod. code TABF02) will feature Sideshow Mel's family.
- Turner 2004, p. 4.
- Twitter / TheSimpsons: Fans are treated to a first... There also will be an hommage to The Others, in which The Simpsons meet their doubles from the Tracey Ullman Show.
- Twitter / TheJohnDiMaggio
- Reg. #PAu003711492 in the U.S. Copyright Records database
- "WebVoyage Record View 1". Cocatalog.loc.gov. 2014-04-24. Retrieved 2014-06-10.
- Twitter / mattselman: Matt Groening accidentally
- "Twitter / AlJean: Upcoming episode". Twitter.com. 2014-08-02. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- Twitter / AlJean: No, in Blazed and Confused
- Reg. # PAu003736419 at U.S. Copyright Records database.
- "WebVoyage Titles". Cocatalog.loc.gov. 2014-07-25. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "Twitter / AlJean: @monicabell15 Last for this". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2014-06-10.
- 'Simpsons' Actress Marcia Wallace Dies
- "'Simpsons' star Marcia Wallace dies at 70". Chicago Tribune. Reuters. October 26, 2013.
- Hughes, Jason (4 November 2013). "'The Simpsons' Pays Tribute To Marcia Wallace With Final Chalkboard Message". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- Simpsons character death hugely narrowed down following Hank Azaria tip
- Burns, Ashley (2014-04-30). "The Upcoming ‘Simpsons’ Death Is Being Called The ‘Yellow Wedding’". Uproxx.com. Retrieved 2014-06-10.
- Denham, Jess (30 April 2014). "The Simpsons death: 'Yellow Wedding' episode will be 'bigger' than Game of Thrones". The Independent.
- "Twitter / tubatron: I'm starting to direct a Simpsons". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- Keck's Exclusives: The Simpsons in Space
- 'The Simpsons': Judd Apatow on playing 'self-involved' Judd Apatow and the upcoming episode he wrote (two decades ago)
- Haglund, David (November 26, 2012). "The Simpsons Producing an Episode Written 22 Years Ago by Judd Apatow". Slate. Retrieved April 21, 2013.
- Vineyard, Jennifer (February 19, 2013). "Yes, Judd Apatow's Simpsons Script Will Be Rewritten". Vulture. Retrieved April 21, 2013.
- "Twitter / mattselman: SPOILER ALERT". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2014-07-27.