Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation
|Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation (SIUT)|
|Dewan Farooq Medical Complex|
|Location||Civil Hospital, Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan|
|Speciality||Kidney Disease, Urology, Transplantation|
|Founded||Prof Dr. Adibul Hasan Rizvi|
SIUT was founded by Dr. Adibul Hasan Rizvi and it is Pakistan's largest kidney disease center, as well as Pakistan's largest public sector health organisation. It began as a department of urology at the government-run Civil Hospital in 1970 and became autonomous in 1991. 10-12 transplants are performed weekly, and in 2003 doctors at SIUT performed Pakistan's first liver transplant. In 2004, a child care unit was opened.
- "About DMG". Dewan Mushtaq Group. Retrieved 2010-05-03.
- Shahzad, Rabeea. "Interview with Adib Rizvi". Daily Times (Media Times Ltd). Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- "Prof Dr. Adibul Hasan Rizvi". www.siut.org. Retrieved 10 May 2010.[dead link]
- Ebrahim, Zofeen (23 December 2003). "Debate Reopened on Whether Organ Donations are Islamic". IPS News (Inter Press Service). Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- Siddiqui, Nizamuddin (16 February 2004). "KARACHI: Unit for children at SIUT set up". Dawn (Dawn Group of Newspapers). Retrieved 10 May 2010.[dead link]