||This article has been nominated to be checked for its neutrality. (December 2010)|
|Privately owned company|
|Products||Sinequa ES V8|
|Revenue||$10 million (2011)|
Number of employees
|Slogan||Connect to Knowledge TM|
Sinequa is a software editor providing a real-time Big Data Search & Analytics platform. It offers users Unified Information Access to all textual and database data, supported by analytics including Natural Language Processing (NLP).
It was founded in 1984 as a linguistic laboratory under the name CORA which developed the foundation of the product that later became Sinequa Corporate Search. Sinequa was acquired in a leveraged buyout in 2004 by CEO Alexandre Bilger. Its name comes from
- the Latin phrase sine qua non (meaning “without which not”)
- a sine qua non item is one that is needed
Sinequa employs approximately 40 people in 3 countries (Paris, London and Frankfurt).
The main functions offered by Sinequa are the followings:
- Access to all structured semi-structured and unstructured data
- Global semantic dictionary in six languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Dutch)
- Dictionary and linguistic analysis in 20 languages, including Arabic, Chinese and Russian
- Ability to easily create Search-Based Applications (SBA)
- Navigation in information, based on semantic axes, discovery of hidden correlations, semantically similar documents and cross-linguistic semantics
- Full, incremental and real-time indexing of billions of documents with an efficient hardware architecture.
- Capacity to generate sums, averages, and simple BI-type analytics on Terabytes even Petabytes structured data results sets (e.g., pie charts, graphs).
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2015)|
- Siemens / Sinequa : un moteur pour doper les synergies internationales
- Bouygues Construction se fait guider par Nemo dans un océan d'informations
- Saint-Gobain choisit Sinequa Corporate Search comme moteur de recherche d'infrastructure global
- Le Crédit Agricole améliore l'accès à l'information metier avec un moteur de recherche
- Zero mail, la partie immergée du programme de transformation d'Atos